Re-Introducing Myself

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Warning, I predict this may get long, LOL. But I'll try to keep it brief.

I'm Jennifer, 33, and we're expecting in June. This is my 8th pregnancy, and we are hoping for our 4th delivery at home.

First four babies were all born in a hospital, the normal way if not naturally, with varying degrees of intervention. My fifth baby was our first homebirth, with a midwife. I had planned the possibility of a water birth with him, but ended up not liking the water at all for some reason, LOL! He was posterior, so I had really bad back-labor, but thanks to my position he turned during labor. At that point I went from only 4-5 cm dilated to delivering him in 30 minutes. He was caught by my DH, an awesome moment for him! My sixth baby was stillborn at 37 weeks; I delivered her at home myself, with DH's support. It took me three days to go into labor after her passing was confirmed, but I am so thankful that I did not give in to the pressure to stay at the hospital and be induced. Thanks to our choice to go home, her delivery was as peaceful and physically pain-free as possible. It really was a turning point in my life, in many ways. We planned to have the midwife there for our 7th baby, but Mary Mae arrived about 30 minutes quicker than our midwife. I believe her birth story may still be up in the subforum somewhere.

I haven't seen my midwife yet for this pregnancy, in fact I've been trying to get her on the phone for two weeks! I'm starting to wonder if we might have to plan this one unassisted out of necessity- there are no other homebirth midwives within at least a hundred miles! Well, I'm hoping she's just busy and will call soon. So, that's my homebirth experience in a nutshell. Kudos to whoever read this far, LOL!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

December 7th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Welcome back to the board! And congrats on your newest pregnancy. I'm due with #4 in June and planning our second HB.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations, Jennifer! Your Mary Mae and my Reid are close in age, I remember when you were pregnant with her We are expecting #6 in July - so glad to see you here too!
December 8th, 2009, 02:39 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Hi Jennifer!! I remember you from the Mommy Weight Loss board. I haven't seen you around in forever! I know what you mean about midwives in this area. I could only find one CNM and she actually is in Indiana. (Thankfully I'm only an hour from the Indiana border.) Congrats on your pregnancy. We are trying for number 7 here and hoping for our first home birth. Dh insists on a CNM (and me too) with my history of hemorrhaging.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 8th, 2009, 07:48 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy!
December 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back. I'm Talia, this is our 5th baby and first homebirth.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search