How meticulous are you with your diet?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2009, 08:04 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I have been really picky about what I eat this time around. Since I am at a decent risk for gestational diabetes and I have a history of large babies I am trying to do everything I can to watch my sugar intake and eat a very healthy diet. With me having a homebirth I feel like it is even more important now than I ever have. How well is everyone else doing with their diet?

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 11th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I honestly don't think about it too much. But I've never had GD and my biggest baby was 7lbs 8oz, so I don't feel like I am at too much of a risk. If I had those concerns, I'd probably be much more meticulous with my diet.

I don't want to sound like I don't care, because I generally eat pretty healthy and am not big into junk foods and stuff. I have a ton of fod aversions this pregnancy so I have been careful to make sure I'm eating enough protein and veggies.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 11th, 2009, 10:19 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I don't think about it too much really. I did cut out pop all together in the last 4 weeks because of measuring so far ahead. Other than that I really don't think about it.
December 11th, 2009, 11:32 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I take my motto from the book "In Defence of Food" by Michael Pollan:

Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.

Eat food- if it is chemically manufactured, I avoid it. Real food is more-or-less recognizable from nature.

Not too much- I sit down to eat meals, almost always with the family. I try to remember to take my time, enjoy each bite, and of course not eat too much.

Mostly plants- his phrase is actually "mostly vegetables" but I say "mostly plants" to include whole grains. I use brown rice instead of white, I buy whole oats, corn, and wheat to roll or grind myself, etc. I really struggle to get fresh veggies in my diet b/c most of the year they simply are not available up here.

Funny, what made me realize the importance of my healthy diet was getting into livestock and studying the importance of nutrition for animals you intend to breed. (I was surprised to learn that increased nutrients is even more important during lactation than during pregnancy.) It takes a lot of nutrients and energy to build a mini-me, and that has to come from the food you eat.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search