Younger Children and homebirth

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I know we've discussed it before, but what are your thoughts on the involvement of your younger children and your homebirth plans. Will they be present? Do/did you have someone on hand just for the children? For our BTDT mamas, is there anything you would have done differently?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 18th, 2009, 09:29 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Dh is a party pooper so the kids will be going elsewhere. Besides I think with us having 6 kids it will be harder for him to be at my side if he is chasing or fussing at kids. I wouldn't have minded them being there, but I am okay with them going somewhere else as well.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 18th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've had my kids at my last two births and it was a great experience. Wouldn't change anything

I had my sisters there to take care of them and they really enjoyed seeing the baby being born.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 18th, 2009, 11:02 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I was in labor with Thomas during the day, the main mw missed his birth b/c she had left to fetch one of her daughters to babysit. She had offered to bring her daughter, but I don't know if she forgot or what.

With Mary my labor started in the middle of the night and she was born around 5:30 a.m. long before the kids were up.

This time around I wouldn't mind having my older daughter stay with us if she wants to. We'll have to talk about it as the time gets closer. But I don't think I'd want the boys in the same room. For whatever reason I tend to strip naked during transition, and I think that would make them uncomfortable. (We're so puritan, LOL)

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

December 18th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Lily and Julia slept through Kate's birth. I did have a friend on hand during early labor who was there for the girls. Once they went to bed, she went home. Julia woke up around 6am, and Kate was born around 2am... DH was really tired, since we didn't get to bed till around 5 or so. We ended up calling his mom and she came over to spend time with the girls so DH and I could rest. I think that was the hardest part after the birth... to have DH so tired, and even though I had that adrenaline rush, I couldn't really care for all the kids.

I am concerned about that again this time. I want the girls there for the birth and after.. but I'm worried that DH will be really tired again. Maybe I'll luck out and have a baby at 7pm, so then we can just all go to bed. LOL

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
We're planning on having both boys here for the birth as long as Robbie isn't in school... I'm not going to pull him out of school just to be here for the birth. We'll have our doula look after them if need be and we've got back up people to take them if needed.
December 18th, 2009, 02:12 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
My friend and my mom traded off with Tanith. I wished I could have heard her myself, but friend told me that while I was pushing, Tanith was saying "Look there's my baby coming out!" "Look, it's the baby's toes!" "The baby so cute!" She still says the last phrase all the time and hugs and kisses her sister. I loved that she got to see the birth. She was very angry when the paramedics took "her baby" away and kept asking where they took her.

December 18th, 2009, 04:03 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hunter will be here during the birth.
December 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
~Jackie
Kailey woke up about 5 or 5:30 and Nola was born shortly after 6 so she saw the hardest part of my birth. When I pushed her out in one push I screamed my head off and that scared Kailey but DH and I explained everything to her and she's ok with it now.

She watched Look Who's Talking or Look Who's Talking Too (the one where the little girl is born) and when they were in the hospital and the Dr.'s took the baby away Kailey was so confused. I explained that that is why Mommy had Nola at home, because nobody should take mommy's baby away. LOL! Now she explains it to daddy all the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search