Thought I'd finally post my introduction

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2009, 01:39 AM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
I started hanging around this board a week or 2 ago and I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself.

I'm 20 years old and have a 15 month old son. The reason I would like a home birth is because I believe the c-section I had with DS could of been avoided. It caused a lot of bonding issues with me and my son. Its a really long story but that's what it boils down to. I'm preggo again (not on purpose but what can you do). I'm due March 19th and it is a girl.

My OB is already trying to push for a c-section because of my having high blood pressure and a previous c-section. My insurance will not cover a home birth and there's probably no midwife around here that would consider it because of my blood pressure. So I plan on having an unassisted homebirth with DH. I know there is some risk involved but we've been doing a lot of research on the subject and we feel it is what is best for us and our daughter. I just can't deal with the forced seperation in the hospital from another unnecessary c/s. I believe its my body and my baby and I have a right to the birth I want and to be able to immediately bond with my daughter.

It may seem reckless but I have very good reasons and DH and I are working hard to be well informed when the time comes. Plus if something does go wrong, we know what to look for and we live 5-10 minutes from a hospital depending on traffic and weather.

Anyway that's my story. I appreciate any support but I can understand if anyone believes I'm being selfish or reckless.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
December 21st, 2009, 03:50 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Congratulations and welcome to the board! I would educate yourself as much as you can on the warning signs of problems and educate dh as well and have a good plan in place for an emergency. I'd also start reading as much as you can on homeopathic ways to treat your high blood pressure which I am sure you are already doing. I don't think you are selfish. I personally wouldn't go unassisted because I have a strong history of hemorrhaging, but I do believe it is ultimately your choice what to do and I know there are a lot of girls here have gone unassisted so hopefully they can help you better with what to do and how to prepare. I wish you the best with your homebirth and welcome to the board!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 21st, 2009, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teresarunningmommy View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the board! I would educate yourself as much as you can on the warning signs of problems and educate dh as well and have a good plan in place for an emergency. I'd also start reading as much as you can on homeopathic ways to treat your high blood pressure which I am sure you are already doing. I don't think you are selfish. I personally wouldn't go unassisted because I have a strong history of hemorrhaging, but I do believe it is ultimately your choice what to do and I know there are a lot of girls here have gone unassisted so hopefully they can help you better with what to do and how to prepare. I wish you the best with your homebirth and welcome to the board!
Thanks. I'm seeing an OB for my prenatal care. I haven't told her my home birth plans and I don't plan to. I'm afraid she'd drop me and then I wouldn't have an OB within a 50 mile radius to see.

My OB has me on bed rest because of my blood pressure. I'll see at my appointment today if it is helping at all. If its still high I will likely be put on medication. My BP only goes up when I move around a lot, so hopefully the bed rest helps.

Also, I'm studying to be a nurse so I'm working hard to make sure DH and myself are well educated on home birth when the time comes. I'm going to be ordering some books off Amazon very soon, including one that's completely devoted to emergency childbirth scenarios. As I mentioned before we only live a couple miles from the hospital so if something did happen we could get there in time.

I guess I'm not worried so much about the labor as I am about getting there because of my blood pressure. I'm confident that my body will know what to do once labor starts.

December 22nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and good luck!!!!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
December 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 22nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
welcome!

Have you looked into diet management for your blood pressure? You might consider looking into the Brewer diet and see if that helps. Sounds like you are doing as much as you can to be fully informed! good luck!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
welcome!

Have you looked into diet management for your blood pressure? You might consider looking into the Brewer diet and see if that helps. Sounds like you are doing as much as you can to be fully informed! good luck!
What's the Brewer diet? I've been eating a lot healthier than normal with this pregnancy. This baby does not like greasy or sugar filled foods. lol

December 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
its basically a healthy diet with a focus on lots of protein. Supposed to be very effective in preventing pre-E

Best Way - The Brewer Pregnancy Diet | eHow.com

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 22nd, 2009, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
its basically a healthy diet with a focus on lots of protein. Supposed to be very effective in preventing pre-E

Best Way - The Brewer Pregnancy Diet | eHow.com
I generally eat a lot of protein anyways. I had pre-e with DS so my OB is watching me very closely for it. I don't have it yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and eating healthy.

By the looks of it I'm pretty much following the Brewer diet anyways. Those sorts of things are generally what this baby wants. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Adam&Kaydence'sMommy; December 22nd, 2009 at 11:28 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search