Tinctures during labor and after

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok so Im starting my list of things to get for the birth and after. The midwife said she has everything I need for the "birth kit" but am welcomed to get more towels, and anything that will make me comfy during and after labor.

What Im really wanting to get down to a T is a list of tinctures that will be good for durning and after labor. I want to make a list and take it in and see if my midwife will be bringing any.

So I know FOR SURE Shepard's purse is a must have for after birth, what else do I need?

ohh by the way, if I havent introduced myself before (I may have at the beginning of my pregnancy) Im Beth, and Im having Isabelle at home (VBA2C) in May
January 7th, 2010, 02:00 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beth, I would only use Shepherd's Purse in the utmost dire of emergencies - I was given some when it wasn't needed last time and had a problem with passing clots. My first choice for bleeding this time is Herbal Hemostat (assuming the placenta has released, if not Dong Quai is the only thing safe to take and it is fairly effective) followed by a dime sized piece of placenta under the tongue *then* Shepherd's Purse.

I forgot to mention that I like loose leaf teas to make Sitz baths, a little lavender, german chamomile, comfry, and epsom salt is heavenly! And feels so wonderful on tears! Leave out the epsom salt and steep for a few minutes and it's a wonderfully soothing tea!

I'm also a big fan of aromatherapy in labor. Lavender makes contractions stronger but less painful at the same time, jasmine can be applied directly to the cervix with EPO and does a fantastic job in aiding dilation! There's are a whole bunch of great options and some good info: Aromatic birthing

Oh also I'm a jerk, so Hi! Welcome to the homebirth board! lol I think you're in my DDC, so it's extra awesome to see you in here
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

January 7th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh thank you! Yeah Im a cohost for May 2010 Ive seen you there but not alot - glad to a have a fellow DDbuddy who sees birth the same as I do Im such a newbie so help me out!!! Im running off to check out that site, thank you again
January 8th, 2010, 08:12 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I've just started looking into herbs now, but since I have so far to go it's not something I've done enough reading on yet. MrsPil thanks for all the info.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search