Ideal time to labor?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2010, 07:05 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
If you could pick what time of day to go into labor what time would it be? Would you rather labor in the evening or early in the day?

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 12th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'd like to give birth around 5 or 6pm. That would be so ideal!!! That way afterwards we can all just go to bed!! With Julia and Kate, they were born around 2am or so, and by the time we got settled and to bed, it was like 5am, and with kids, that just doesn't cut it. It was especially hard with Kate, being born at home... Julia was up for the day around 6:30am or so. We got no sleep and being at home, we didn't get much the next day either. I want my children around for the birth and after, but don't want to be a zombie either... so I would like to give birth in the early evening!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I actually really liked timing on my last labor. Started around 2:30am (I had gone to bed early the night before so I wasn't overly tired) and delivered at 9:18am. Gave me lots of time to bond in the hours afterwards and my older two went to my mom's house for the day so I got to sleep off and on. I never really felt overly tired. Early enough that my older girls weren't cranky, but late enough in the morning that they were awake and participatory. I had energy and just overall it was really a nice time.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Last edited by Kelllilee; January 12th, 2010 at 09:01 AM.
January 12th, 2010, 09:34 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I would love to labor in the evening. I have short labors so starting around 7 or 8 after we've settled kids down for the night would be perfect for me.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 12th, 2010, 09:54 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My labor and birth were perfect. I started having bloody show and very irregular contrax around 11pm...water broke at 12:30am...more irregular contrax through the night. Then around 9am REAL labor started and the baby was born at 11:34am. It was a great start to the day! My mom was here so she was able to get things for my oldest son, but really 1 1/2 hours after I had Ben I was up sitting on the couch!
January 12th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved my labor with Eleanor. I was in early labor starting around 9am , was able to be up and around with the kids and DH running errands. Active labor hit around 4-5pm, kids went to be around 7 and she was born just a little bit before 9pm. I do not like laboring at night after having been up the whole day - that is really hard.
January 12th, 2010, 12:15 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I think labor with Mary was the ideal time for me. I woke up at around 3:00 a.m. after a few hours' sleep, had her at about 4:30 way before any of the other children were stirring. Since we hadn't planned on extra help with the kids, it really worked out just right.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 12th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I liked the timing with Lily. Contractions started around 130am and she was born at 7:51am.

January 12th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
I think I'd rather go into labor in the morning so that I would be fell rested.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
January 12th, 2010, 10:28 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Anytime after about 6 hours of sleep lol. I'd say probably during the day that way we can snuggle in at "bedtime" and be able to make noise during if need be lol
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
January 13th, 2010, 02:51 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I liked the time of mine...just wish it wasn't as long. Wish it would have been from like 8am to 7pm instead of 7pm to 8pm!

January 13th, 2010, 05:19 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I liked giving birth in the morning, even though I had a long labor there was no way I was going to be able to sleep afterward. We finally took a nap around three but I remember just wanting to stay awake and stare But I've heard second labors go faster so I have no idea what will be the best time to labor - I just know my body will time things perfectly and I'm so glad I don't have to choose!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

January 13th, 2010, 07:18 AM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I'd like to labor during the day and give birth in the late afternoon or early evening, that way we'd have some bonding time before hopefully getting some sleep. Brayden was born at 5:22 am after being in labor all of the previous day and overnight. Then I had to deal with all the people in and out of our room during the next 24 hours, it was awful. I have a very hard time sleeping as it is, by the time I finally got home I'd only slept about 2 hours over the last 48.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search