Transferring...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Regular
So the reality of my situation is finally hitting me. Tomorrow, if baby is -1 or lower, she will break my water and we can try a homebirth. Higher than -1, and I get transferred to the hospital. Even though it's stupid, and it's just because of "policies", I guess I understand.

The fear-- going into the hospital, I'll be wearing the "high risk" hat, just based on my due date, and regardless of whether the baby is ok or not. That scares me. As long as the baby is fine, I still want to have the most natural birth possible, and to hell with any hospital policy standing between me and that goal!

Unfortunately I know that isn't going to make me friends with my nurses, and sets the whole experience up to be a big warzone.

Does anyone have any experience with having to transfer? How can I go about peacefully achieving my natural birth in spite of hospital policy? What are your experience with how you were treated, and how did you cope? Anything else on the subject of transfer?
January 28th, 2010, 06:15 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I'm sorry! I don't have any advice or tips but I'm sure someone will. I hope everything goes the way you hoped and planned!

January 28th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I don't either, but I'll be praying for you and your babe. I hope that when your water breaks it sets you into active labor right away and you deliver shortly. With Julia, I was at a hospital based birthing center, and had been in early labor for about

((HUGS)) I do hope that everything goes smoothly when she breaks your water. I'll be praying for you and sending you lots of ELVs.

With my second daughter, Julia, I had early labor for 15 hours, and had gotten to be 4-5cm dilated. My midwife broke my water then and it sent me directly into transition and she was born naturally 40 minutes later.

Good luck to you. I hope you don't have to transfer!!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
When in a hospital, can't you refuse any help from nurses and what not? Can't you say "I don't want anyone coming into the room unless I call for help" - the only reason they come in is to check the machines, if you're not attached to one then they don't have a reason to come in right? Do we have the right to refuse "service" (if you can even call it that...) in a hospital?

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search