How soon?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2010, 11:09 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
How soon after your labor (or delivery) will you call family members? Are there certain family members that you just won't call until after you have the baby?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 1st, 2010, 11:46 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
With my first homebirth (5th baby) I called my mom to let her know I was in labor, and she made a last-ditch effort to talk me into going to the hospital. When I lost Hope, I didn't call anybody until after I delivered her, even though it took three days. With Mary we called after she was born, mostly because I started labor in the middle of the night and delivered very quickly.

I don't plan to call anybody this time around until after baby is born- the morning after if I have another night-time delivery.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 1st, 2010, 12:05 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't gotten that far yet but I really don't think I will call anybody right away.

February 1st, 2010, 12:46 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
We're going to try not to tell anyone that I'm in labor since my IL's will try to convince us to go to the hospital. We'll call MIL if we need someone to take the kids but otherwise, we are going to wait 12 hrs or the morning after baby comes...
February 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We will probably call my sister to let her know I'm in labor. And one of my SILs since she will be coming over to watch Lily. But I don't plan on calling anyone after the delivery for at least 2 hours or so, and then it'll probably just be my sister and one of DH's other sisters and we'll let them spread the news to the rest of the family.

February 1st, 2010, 03:05 PM
lilflower
I haven't thought much of it. I will probably wait until I am settled down and comfy and rested
February 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All of our family is out of state so we usually call them at the start of labor and call again after baby has been weighed because they want the stats

February 2nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom, MIL, and 2 aunts will most likely be attending our birth. We've asked them and they've agreed as long as everything goes ok with their schedules. So they'll already be present. They are free to call whomever they wish after baby is born and tell them. I don't think we'll actually call anyone, but we're going to send out announcements within that first week.
February 3rd, 2010, 02:03 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
we didn't call everyone until about 4 hours after he was born. (they knew I was in labor as we called our families to let them know and to pray for us)

February 4th, 2010, 07:13 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison79 View Post
All of our family is out of state so we usually call them at the start of labor and call again after baby has been weighed because they want the stats
Ditto! We call asap (truly meaning as soon as possible)...we wont rush, but will let them know as soon as it's convenient.

February 4th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We let everyone know I was in labor (everyone was supportive of my choice to HB) and then we phoned about 2 hours after she was born. We snuggled, nursed then got excited and made calls!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search