Birth Photographer

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
We want to have someone take pictures at this home birth. The last time I didn't know how I would feel so I didn't want any extra bodies around. I want some really nice tasetful pictures that capture the moments especially since this will be the last time I give birth.

If you had someone taking pictures at your birth how did you go about finding that person and deciding to use them?

February 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Our friend who is a photographer is going to come and take pictures for us...
February 2nd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have several friends who do birth photography so it was an easy decision. I'd do a search for your area and meet with a few photographers to see who you click with

February 2nd, 2010, 09:59 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I wanted really nice photos too! but I couldn't afford a photographer and I don't know any either, so I asked my sister to take pics for me. I showed her pics of homebirths on the internet that I really liked to give her an idea of what I was hoping for, she took awesome pics, and I hope she takes them for me again this time too

February 3rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I have a friend who is a local professional photographer. I asked her if she would do it. She's never done birth photography before, so she's giving me a great deal in exchange for me being in her portfolio.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 3rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're having DH's aunts attend our birth to take pictures and videotape the birth.
February 8th, 2010, 08:32 AM
well, we're still working on finding options... when i have my midwife appointment I am going to aske her if she knows anyone. Looks like birth photographers around here start at about 800-1000 then it is additional for photographs... i just want all the digital files so this could prove difficult for me

February 8th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Good luck! Definitely ask your midwife, as well as any local doulas or any other home birthing mamas.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 8th, 2010, 09:54 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I am hoping my sister will be able to attend this birth, in which case I will have her take the pics (she loves photography, and has a really nice camera), but I'm not sure if that is going to be possible...if not, I will just have someone else take random pics.

I hope you find someone who is reasonable!

Btw- I didn't realize you where expecting again! Congrats! When are you due?

February 17th, 2010, 09:07 AM
So I think we may have found someone, she is also a doula and has had two homebirths herself. She is about $1300 but I get all the original pictures and the rights to print them. We are bardering with our midwife for painting so we can use the money we are saving to pay for the photographer.

Heather- I was suprised to see you are pregnant again too, so exciting! I am due September 15th or so. I am glad you will be able to have a homebirth this time, I am sure you will absolutly love it.

February 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marialena View Post
So I think we may have found someone, she is also a doula and has had two homebirths herself. She is about $1300 but I get all the original pictures and the rights to print them. We are bardering with our midwife for painting so we can use the money we are saving to pay for the photographer.

Heather- I was suprised to see you are pregnant again too, so exciting! I am due September 15th or so. I am glad you will be able to have a homebirth this time, I am sure you will absolutly love it.
Thank you, we are SO excited, and determined! (we haven't decided which midwife we're going to use yet, but I have gotten some good recommendations!)
I love the new pic in your siggy! She is getting so big!

February 17th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marialena View Post

Thank you, we are SO excited, and determined! (we haven't decided which midwife we're going to use yet, but I have gotten some good recommendations!)
I love the new pic in your siggy! Moriah is getting so big!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search