Dealing with fear?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Did you experience any fear surrounding your decision to home birth? If so, how did you go about dealing with it? Did talking to your midwife help? Did the fear you have affect your labor in any way?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 4th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My only fear is what happens if there is a major major emergency. But I discussed it with my midwives and they were really clear about how they handle all transfers and went over every possible situation with me.

February 4th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was not afraid of emergencies etc. but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to bear the pain of NCB. I had a Pitocin induced birth with DS1 where I was begging to be shot and killed at THREE cm. LOL. Sooooo long story short, I was terrified of that same pain and being at home, so I made it very clear that if I wanted an epi, we`d up and transfter no questions asked. Well i waited for those contractions to come with the thought that I could tranfer if need be but they never came. Turns out natural labor is A LOT less painful than induced labor LOL and I was pleasantly surprised. By the time I thought I wanted an epi, I was involuntarily pushing and we all know that means a baby's at the gate

February 4th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was not afraid of emergencies etc. but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to bear the pain of NCB. I had a Pitocin induced birth with DS1 where I was begging to be shot and killed at THREE cm. LOL. Sooooo long story short, I was terrified of that same pain and being at home, so I made it very clear that if I wanted an epi, we`d up and transfter no questions asked. Well i waited for those contractions to come with the thought that I could tranfer if need be but they never came. Turns out natural labor is A LOT less painful than induced labor LOL and I was pleasantly surprised. By the time I thought I wanted an epi, I was involuntarily pushing and we all know that means a baby's at the gate

February 4th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a little worried about emergencies - and I need to talk to my midwives about it. I think hospitals cause more emergencies - so I think I'm actually safer at home - it's just hard to get the media/general public view out of my head.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
February 5th, 2010, 09:40 AM
lilflower
I actually don't have many fears about homebirth now. I did. I talked about it, did more research and I feel prepared to handle it. If I need to transfer I will. I think the scariest thing for me was that I want this birth to help heal my last birth. And that was my stillborn son. All of my fears had to do with stillbirth actually.
February 5th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I didn't have any fears about emergencies, but rather about how I'd do, if I could do it, etc. I found that I really doubted my ability. Kate's birth was my third, and my second natural birth but my first birth that was totally unassisted in terms of interventions. With my second, Julia, my first NCB, my m/w broke my water. So I think that I was mostly afraid of whether or not my body could actually do it without any interventions.

I'm feeling much more confident this time. I know that I can do it.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 5th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My only fear was never going into labor and having to transfer. My first home birth baby wasn't born until 42w3d and I was starting to think it would never happen. I trusted my midwife to handle an emergency and she was so supportive - calling in between appointments just to check on me when I was past 41 weeks and just kept telling me that my body could do this and that she had faith in me. That helped so much. I had no fears going into my second home birth.
February 5th, 2010, 09:57 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
I didn't have any fears! I didn't want to be in immense pain, but it went much faster and sweeter this time. It really makes a difference when you're not strapped down to pit half the time.

Dealing with pain and anxiety though, having my midwife's assistant and my friends massage me between contractions gave me a few seconds of BLISS. It did me a world of good.

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search