Homebirth after 2 Cesareans?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 09:14 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I just had my 2nd son via c/s 6 weeks ago...so we're not ttc any time soon. I just want to do my research so we can make a decision and plan accordingly.

Has anyone ever had a home birth (assisted/unassisted) after having had 2 cesareans? I'd love to read your stories!

Any links on info about it?

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

February 10th, 2010, 09:16 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a home birth after 1 c-section. I know of women who have had HBA2C and even HBA3C. So its quite possible!

Here is a link that might help you, it has links to birth stories on it as well
Vaginal birth after two or more caesareans

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
February 10th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks so much for the link.

February 10th, 2010, 12:40 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Make sure you check with your state laws regarding Midwife acceptable deliveries. It may be legal in your state but there's tons of legal loop holes you could fall victim to should something freak happen. Or even not so freak, if anyone wanted to they could cause trouble. Not to scare you! Just be sure to find out EVERYTHING

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
February 10th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I have a few friends locally who have had HBA2C. Its certainly possible.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^RaineDrop^ View Post
Make sure you check with your state laws regarding Midwife acceptable deliveries. It may be legal in your state but there's tons of legal loop holes you could fall victim to should something freak happen. Or even not so freak, if anyone wanted to they could cause trouble. Not to scare you! Just be sure to find out EVERYTHING
Good point. I know that it's legal here to have a home birth (next door neighbor had her baby at home in November) and I already know the midwife we'd use (if she was okay with the whole HB2C thing). But I don't know if something were to happen, what the legal consequences would be on my part.

February 12th, 2010, 03:14 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Yeah, things can happen, but that's true for anywhere you give birth. The thing of it is, doctors and hospitals and therefore in large part the government, don't really get anything out of you having a homebirth. So anything they can do to stop it.... Or make your midwife pay for it afterwards! Twins, breech, VBAC is legal here for midwifery practices but when anything goes 'wrong' people find ways to screw those involved, as innocent as they are. Ugh don't get me started... lol

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search