Some general information?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I am not yet pregnant and not yet trying. (nor preventing) but getting the ball rolling and gathering nformation. Honestly I would adore to just be us at home and be done with it. However my Joe is totally against the idea. Our last baby was delivered on the side of the road in the van with just us before the police and paramedics arrived and it was really not that bad. I think being in the comfort of our home would be much better but Joe is afraid of something happening and not having any help. So if you guys could either tell me or point me in the direction of where i could find good research material that would be wonderful. I have even thought of at least reading up on unassisted at home, 'just in case' because I tend to labor fast and if he were to be at work when it began...KWIM?

1. How to convince DH.
2. Where would I begin to look concerning laws for having a midwife.
3. Assisted vs unassisited.
4. Anything else of relevence.

Thanks y'all!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
February 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Welcome to the board! Congrats on your decision to look into your options.

As far as convincing DH, check out the sticky on the board. In my experience it was actually my midwife who in the end convinced DH. He got to ask all his "what if" questions and based on my midwife's answers and experience, he was comfortable with their plans.

In finding a midwife, you can do a simple google search for midwives in your state. You may see some names that look familiar, or in your area. Another suggestion is contacting your local LLL or even a local Meetup group. If you come up empty handed, let us know, and we might be able to help as well.

As far as unassisted and assisted, that is truly an important decision. For us, and my DH's comfort level, we have chosen to go assisted. I think that sort of decision is best left up to each family.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search