Are you loud or quiet?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2010, 07:15 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
During birth? If you haven't given birth yet, do you think you'll be move vocal, or more quiet?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 23rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
My first two labors I was completely silent except for some talking between contractions prior to transition, and a bit of noise during pushing. My last... not so quiet. Although my mom says she could barely hear me, I felt like I was being loud, humming through contractions. I was much more vocal and ambulatory with my last birth - totally unexpected.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 23rd, 2010, 07:50 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm silent. I go into myself and focus on my body.
February 23rd, 2010, 08:15 AM
lilflower
I was quiet with my DD, but got louder when it came to pushing...so I don't really know what to expect this time.
February 23rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm pretty quiet, until I get to transition. Then I just beg for the pain to stop and tell my midwife I changed my mind, I want to go to the hospital and have an epidural. LOL Isn't that awful?!? I'm really hoping not to be so whiney this time around.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 23rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I have a tendency to moan/hum through contractions. It's not a conscious thing, and I didn't even know I did it until I was attending a friends birth as her doula, and DH called me. While I was on the phone with him, she was moaning through a contraction and he asked why we all make that same noise lol. I was like, "what noise?"

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

February 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do a deep moan/hum until pushing when I get higher-pitched and louder.

February 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was super quiet with Lily until I started pushing. Then the energy in the room got so high that I would scream when I was pushing even though I wasn't in pain. I'd actually apologize after every push to everyone for the screaming. Everyone was laughing at me

February 23rd, 2010, 04:44 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hummed during contractions before transition. When I hit transition I wasn't so quiet. I tried but when Jason kept telling me to breathe I told him to shut up. I know I was louder when I was pushing because my waters hadn't broken yet and ugh.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
February 23rd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
My demeanor doesn't really change in labor. With my last baby, I was talking to my mom on the phone when contractions started. They were coming about every 2 minutes. I was relaying details back to her and talking about how impatient I was as I didn't think I was in labor yet at the time. I was getting really frustrated because it didn't seem like anything was really happening. He was born 15 minutes after I called my mom.

When it really, really hit, I said: "I feel pressure," "I'm not trying to" in response to midwife saying not to push and "He's coming."

Pax, Aeon

February 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, I'll be the one. I was quite loud! I was making an effort to keep my voice low, but it wasn't quiet!! My labor was very fast for a first time mom (4 hours) and really intense.

February 24th, 2010, 04:36 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
i was pretty quiet. if i made noise it was either a comment or moaning/grunning primatal noises. I never screamed.

February 24th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am quiet but I prefer my surrounding to be filled with people talking while I have contractions so I have something else to think about
February 27th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I was doing this open mouthed, humm, groan, grunt, thing. It got louder as I got closer to birth. But in between each contraction I would lay down and almost fall asleep.
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search