Home Birth in Missouri

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Hey everyone. I'm not pregnant, and can't be so for quite some time (DH is deployed), but I plan on doing a hbavba2c for my next pregnancy. DH got orders to Fort Leonardwood, and we'll be there for a year starting in December. So, I'm wondering about the home birthing environment in MO. I know CPM are now legal there, so that's good. But I want to know how hard it is to find a midwife, and what the average cost is. Are there rules about VBAC's?

Anyone had a home birth while living on base housing? Is it a pain getting the midwife on base?

My Ovulation Chart

February 27th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I have absolutely no experience with the military or that part of the country, so unfortunately I can't offer you any advice! I'm sorry!

I did want to welcome you to the board, and I hope someone else can chime in and give you some information!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 27th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Thanks! I look forward to some responses. I'm going to search the board, and see if I can find anything as well.

My Ovulation Chart

March 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Nightkd's Avatar First Time Mama!!
I am not much use...but I'm in Oklahoma and planning a homebirth. The mw I'm looking at is charging $2300 flat rate for prenatal/birth/postnatal care. Defo worth doing some googling and seeing if there are any recommended midwives in the area - I started emailing the mw we're considering and she was able to provide me with some information.

x

March 1st, 2010, 04:27 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyD View Post
hbavba2c
lol that took me a second to dissect!

no clue about the MO thing, I would just get online, check out ican.org, you should find great info and midwives!

my midwife charges $2500 for prenatal care/birth/newborn/postnatal care.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

March 1st, 2010, 06:23 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I'm having mine on base, and all I have to do is call to let the gate know that she's coming. Then she has to get a visitor's pass (basically just sign on with her license and registration) and come on over. She and my doula will both be coming out for the 36 week appointment so they'll already know the way.

I live in a big military town and my midwife and doula both said they've attended many births on the bases and post here without any issues.

I don't know anything about MO midwives, but my midwife charges $3400 for everything (she also gives a military and cash pay discount).

March 1st, 2010, 09:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im not a military wife, but I too am having a HBA2C. Glad you joined our board

~Beth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search