Five for Friday

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
1. How soon after this baby is born will you plan on having another? (or if you aren't pregnant now, what are your TTC plans?)

2. How many midwives did you interview before picking yours?

3. What are your top boy and girl name choices?

4. Do you have any upcoming travel plans?

5. What is your favorite book about homebirth?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 5th, 2010, 11:27 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How soon after this baby is born will you plan on having another? (or if you aren't pregnant now, what are your TTC plans?) Probably 2-3 years ideally

2. How many midwives did you interview before picking yours? Just the one. She is perfect.

3. What are your top boy and girl name choices? Liev Garatoni for a boy and Lailey Fiorella for a girl.

4. Do you have any upcoming travel plans? Nope, way too pregnant for travel

5. What is your favorite book about homebirth? Spiritual Midwifery
March 5th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. How soon after this baby is born will you plan on having another? (or if you aren't pregnant now, what are your TTC plans?) Ideally, I would like to be pregnant again by the time this baby is 1, but it all depends on when AF comes back and what I can talk DH into

2. How many midwives did you interview before picking yours? I just interviewed the ones I picked. There are 2 of them and they attend all births together and we just fit really well with them

3. What are your top boy and girl name choices? We have nothing for a boy, so hopefully the u/s was right and we're having a girl. We've picked out Violet Marie

4. Do you have any upcoming travel plans? Nope

5. What is your favorite book about homebirth? I don't have one that is solely on homebirth but I love all of Ina May's books

March 5th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
1. How soon after this baby is born will you plan on having another? (or if you aren't pregnant now, what are your TTC plans?)
We are most certainly DONE after this baby. Its a sad feeling, but I know its definite. I feel that our family is complete, and I just haven't felt that before.

I talked to two others on the phone, but after my first meeting with the women I'm with now, I canceled the appointments with the others.

Didn't even come up with a girls name this time. As for a boy's name... well thats debatable.

We might be going to my parents house (about 5 hours away) in a few weeks.

I've been reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I just read a little every day and love it.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy

My kids are 18m and 1d apart, we don't plan on having anymore

None. I'm in Canada where midwifery is covered by the province but we only have a couple of practices per region so as soon as I saw a 2nd line I called the local midwifery practice and secured a place. Not much choice here - lucky they are awesome midwives!

Lucas and Maya but runners up were Nathan and Natalia

I wish! We're running a bit low on $$$ these days LOL

Didn't read a single one!

March 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
1. How soon after this baby is born will you plan on having another? (or if you aren't pregnant now, what are your TTC plans?) Ideally in 5 to 10 years. We really can't handle another "oops" baby anytime soon.

2. How many midwives did you interview before picking yours? I have an OB and I never interviewed anyone else. Back when I started seeing her I didn't know I could interview different ones.

3. What are your top boy and girl name choices? I'm having a girl and her name will be Kaydence Tiffani Raine Bryant. If it was a boy it would have been Evin Ellis Joe Bryant.

4. Do you have any upcoming travel plans? No. I'm way too close to my due date to do any traveling. I don't have the money to do it anyways.

5. What is your favorite book about homebirth? Most of what I've read has been over the internet. I have a book on emergency childbirth just in case that I think has been really informative.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
March 8th, 2010, 08:46 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
1. How soon after this baby is born will you plan on having another? (or if you aren't pregnant now, what are your TTC plans?) this is probably going to be our last

2. How many midwives did you interview before picking yours? 2

3. What are your top boy and girl name choices? we aren't telling yet

4. Do you have any upcoming travel plans? not really

5. What is your favorite book about homebirth? don't have one I guess

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

March 9th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
1. How soon after this baby is born will you plan on having another? (or if you aren't pregnant now, what are your TTC plans?) We are a NTNP family and af just came back in February. So hopefully we'll be pregnant soon.

2. How many midwives did you interview before picking yours? I don't have a midwife and won't be using one unless God directs us to. If He does then I'll start with two that I know about through other people.

3. What are your top boy and girl name choices? Um I don't know actually. Dh is pretty hooked on Henry and wanted to Israel Henry. I'm really into Jewish/Hebrew names though.

4. Do you have any upcoming travel plans? Utah this summer to maybe go to my 10y reunion if we have one, or just to visit my childhood stomping grounds if not.

5. What is your favorite book about homebirth? Um, I don't really have any about homebirth. I LOVE Active Birth. And I love The Complete Book Of Pregnancy And Childbirth. Mostly though I just read and read and read birth stories-all kinds. There's so much to be learned from them.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
March 9th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How soon after this baby is born will you plan on having another? (or if you aren't pregnant now, what are your TTC plans?) We hope to start TTC in about 9.5 months, although we might get a bit more careless in 4.

2. How many midwives did you interview before picking yours? 2 - but I spent weeks combing online reviews, websites, and recommendations. Plus my homebirth-hesitant DH loved her, which was a HUGE selling point (I ADORE her too.)

Boy, Benjamin (I always wanted Gabriel, but DH does not like it and now our best friends used it.) Girl - Arabella? Lily? Aurora?

4. Do you have any upcoming travel plans? None too far from home. Antiques fair in the hill country beginning of April, and a vacay there with our best friends in September.

5. What is your favorite book about homebirth? None about homebirth specifically. I hate Ina May's books. I love Pushed and Born in the USA.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search