Wise2g

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Since you are due next... why not checking in with us!

How are you feeling? Are you feeling prepared for your homebirth? Anything left to do? I hope all goes well as you approach your due date and birth!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
I haven't been on JM much these days because I've been so busy. I've got so many doctor's appointments and classes that it is crazy. So I have something to do nearly everyday. I'm glad to be busy because it makes the time pass quicker but at the same time I can get so stressed out.

How are you feeling? I'm really stressed out. My doctor's office has really put me through it these past few weeks. Physically I'm pretty miserable with all the pelvic pressure/pain, leg cramps, and things like that. But I know I can't be pregnant forever and I'm glad that I'm letting my baby choose her birth date.

Are you feeling prepared for your homebirth? Yup. I've got everything I need. Now I just need labor to start.

Anything left to do? I just have to wash a few things for the baby like the carseat cover, bassinet cover, and a few hand me downs.

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately. And thanks for asking how I'm doing. People that support my decision are few and far between. So its been tough. I've been facing a lot of pressure to just schedule a repeat c/s but I'm refusing to do that. I'm proud of myself for standing my ground.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
March 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
good for you! I hope baby doesn't make you wait too much longer!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

March 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I hope so too.

I think it'll only be another week or 2 at the most. I've been having a lot of menstrual type cramps and some of them wrap around to my back. She has dropped but sometimes she floats back up. The last I knew I wasn't dilated at all but my cervix was very soft and 10-20% effaced.

I'll be so happy when she's here in my arms. I love feeling her move around but being pregnant is just so stressful. I can't wait to meet her

March 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I hope things have been going well this week! I've been thinking of you!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 11th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Things are going the same as usual. No signs of labor yet. I have an NST and an ultrasound tomorrow.

I have a feeling she'll make her appearance sometime during the 39th or 40th week. For some reason the 17th sticks out in my mind. I'll be 39 weeks on Friday.

Also I keep forgetting that I'm supposed to do a 24 hour urine test. I'm not looking forward to that.

March 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Good luck with the tests! I'm glad to hear you are doing well!

March 13th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope baby decides to come soon! And good for you standing your ground! You go girl!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
March 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Just a little update on me and Kaydence:

We had a little scare today. The birthing center called and said the u/s from Friday showed low amniotic fluid levels. They suspected it could be from a small leak in my water.

So I went in this afternoon and the test for amniotic fluid was negative. So no leaks. She looked great on the u/s and the fetal monitors.

My BP was 123/65 which is really good for me. The nurse also checked my cervix after she tested for amniotic fluid. I'm not dilated at all but I'm 50% effaced and baby is at -2 station and she said my cervix was very soft. So I've made some progress since 36 weeks when my cervix was up really high and only 10-20% effaced. Its not much but its something.

I've had some irregular contractions for the past 3 or 4 weeks. Sometimes they are sort of painful. Sometimes they're just uncomfortable. But nothing timeable yet and they always go away after I take a nap, eat, etc.

She's just really comfortable in there and my due date isn't until Friday. I have a feeling about the 17th (Wednesday) though. Or that she will make her appearance sometime during the 39th or 40th week.

Thanks for your support everyone I'll keep you posted if anything happens.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search