Nesting

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Do you find yourself nesting a lot during pregnancy?

My DH is looking forward to me nesting... anytime I start cleaning he is asking me if I'm nesting. Too funny. I think he's just looking forward to me organizing a couple cluttered closets. LOL

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
I've been too exhausted to do much of anything. I'm looking forward to getting that burst of energy I'm supposed to get before labor starts.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
March 11th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Nightkd's Avatar First Time Mama!!
I hate this apartment so although I have the urge to tidy, clean and organise...I just don't have the motivation!! I want a nice new place to move into and start afresh!!!!

x

March 11th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really really really want to clean. I mean seriously. I can't stand the clutter anymore! DH says I must be nesting, because the things that are driving me nuts aren't that bad. I have been getting really worn out quickly though, so he's trying to get me to do just a little at a time. But once I get started, I usually don't stop until I exhaust myself.

I don't think it's nesting, I think I really am just fed up with the mess

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
March 11th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am currently cleaning out my office. I have been organizing like crazy lately.
March 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been nesting like crazy. DH is getting annoyed because I'm washing clothes the second he takes them off even though he still wanted to wear his sweater, etc. Everything is ready for the birth though at least!

March 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
My DH is looking forward to me nesting... anytime I start cleaning he is asking me if I'm nesting. Too funny. I think he's just looking forward to me organizing a couple cluttered closets. LOL
that sounds EXACTLY like mine!

I nest in theory, but not so much in action lol. I think of things I need to do, or want to buy or decorate, or clean out....but I'm not following through yet. I know I will later though, I usually do.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

March 12th, 2010, 07:24 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't seem to get that nesting part of pregnancy. I however go into labor and it kicks in my husbands nesting needs haha. Seriously, he spent an hour cleaning our house when I was in labor with Dane. He hears "its real this time!" and he panics, he has to move move move.

He was ready in 2 minutes when we were told to go to the hospital with Gage haha. Poor guy.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
March 12th, 2010, 11:35 AM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I don't start doing anything until the 2nd tri but then I go full steam until the end. Right now the house is a joke because of our packing for the failed move...boxes everywhere as we pull things out since we're staying where we are. And it's driving me absolutely insane. I think if I can just deal with that and get rid of a lot of our clutter I'll be able to relax until later on. But I've already rearranged DH's and DS's closets and started on mine too.

March 12th, 2010, 03:30 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just went into over drive this week. I need the house to be done like now and I must have everything done this week. So I tell DH that I have all of my absolute needs except a play pen with a bassinet on top and he tell me that can wait, we don't need it this week, are you nuts? I need it now!!!!! I am buying it tomorrow weather he likes it or not!

March 13th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I dyed the couch green - cause I just couldn't handle the white - and stayed up till 2 last weekend making diapers - so I'd say yes. Though somehow my 'nesting' means making much larger messes than I started with.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
March 13th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm having a mini anxiety attack today because I'm 28 weeks and our baby will be here in less than 3 months and I'm NOT READY.

I've got a mental list of everything that I should be doing... just NO motivation.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search