Natural Inductions

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Have you ever tried any natural inductions? If not, at what point in your pregnancy would you consider doing it? Are there certain methods you'd try before others?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't try any last time, on purpose. I did a lot of them as my daily life. Like walking, romantic time with DH, eating spicy food, etc. Went late. I personally don't believe that you can induce yourself. I believe baby will come when baby and body is ready to be born. Which is why sometimes medicated inductions don't work.
March 16th, 2010, 08:32 AM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I tried walking and eating pineapple last time. My OB stripped my membranes without my permission at 37 weeks but nothing happened. I would definitely try some induction techniques if I were in a similar situation as last time (water broke but no regular or increasing ctx) to avoid a hospital transfer/pitocin. Or maybe if I had hit 41 weeks with no indication of labor being around the corner. But otherwise, no. I think I would be willing to try everything but save castor oil and stripping membranes as a last resort.

March 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with above! If I were in a situation where my water had broke but no labor then I would try almost anything! I would wait it out for awhile but anything over 12 hours I would be trying to get that baby to come out!!

I haven't ever had to wait past my due date by more than a couple days, so not sure what I would do if I was 41w+. Castor oil scares me a little... but I would try other things.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
March 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We did a lot of walking, but she was still 3 days late, so I'm not sure it helped. I also took Evening Primrose, but only for 1 day because it made me feel sooooo sick!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
March 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
Did CO and the cohoshes (under mw's supervision) with Henry.

March 16th, 2010, 12:31 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
At 41weeks my MW had me see the back up OB for a scan to make sure baby, fluid and placenta were ok and that I could stay prego. Since I wasn't dilated or had no signs of labor...my MW stripped my membranes, stretch me to 1.5cm, the next day she had me drink castor oil with OJ, the next day did blue cohosh and castor oil. I tried my breast pump, DTD, pineapple, tons of spicy food. I had acupuncture for labor inducing and about an hour after my treatment I had irregular contractions, DS was born 26 hours after my acupuncture at 41w5d.

Last edited by CameraLinds; March 16th, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
March 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Super Mommy
I had pre-e with DD and she needed to come out. My midwife stripped my membranes at 36.5 weeks, nothing. At my next appt, 37wks 5days she told me to try out an acupuncturist she knew and if it didn't work I needed to drink castor oil the next morning. I went into labor about 5 hour after the acupuncture treatment and DD was born a few hours later. So I highly recommend acupuncture to anyone the needs to induce and wants to do it naturally.

Earn free Amazon gift cards with SWAGBUCKS!

March 16th, 2010, 05:58 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I have never gotten to term so I can't honestly say what I would due if I got near/to/past my due date. I'm sure I would be willing to try anything my midwife was comfortable with.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

March 16th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would only try if it came down to that, or going to the hospital for a medically induced labor. I wouldn't do castor oil, and because of my fear of needles, I don't think I could do acupunture. I'd probably go get a pedicure and foot massage, and try accupressure before acupuncture

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
March 16th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
I've just been DTD and walking so far. I might consider black and blue cohosh but they are kind of expensive. I probably would not try castor oil.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search