Have you ever?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Have you ever attended a friend's birth? How was it? Did it shape your views?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 29th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
no, I was supposed to, but there was a communication issue. I'd love to attend someone else's birth, but the opportunity hasn't arisen.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 29th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not yet. None of my friends have kids yet. I joined a mom's group after Lily was born and made some "mom" friends, but I'm the first to have a 2nd baby and most of them had c-sections anyway.

My best friend is thinking of TTC soon and she's already asked me to be at the birth when she does have a baby.

March 29th, 2010, 02:09 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I have been Doula for several clients, but my first birth to attend, was with my oldest sister when she gave birth to her first, my niece. It was soooo amazing! It was a very long (36 hours), complicated home birth, but I was so touched by the whole experiences! It was empowering to say the least! Almost as if I thought to myself, if she can make it through this, I can too! and I knew from then on, that natural childbirth (and home birth if possible) was the only way for me!

March 29th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I haven't, but I would love to.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 29th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did, and it shook my faith in birth completely. My own daughter's birth was hard enough, but I could write it off as pure bad luck. Watching my best friend do everything right and be in so much pain for so long and end up in the hospital....it made me question everything I believe about birth, especially when I consider her birth and mine together.

March 29th, 2010, 07:30 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, but I would love to.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 29th, 2010, 08:14 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I have been through many births now, as a doula for about 7. It's an amazing experience and has shaped not just my views for my own births, but my future and career as well!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

March 29th, 2010, 08:55 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
No, I never have. I don't know if I would want to attend a hospital birth though (unless it were my best friend or SIL), I would probably end up getting upset about interventions being pushed or if the mom hadn't bothered to research beforehand.

March 30th, 2010, 08:31 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No but I was present for my friends c/s and I think that had a definite effect on my choice to vbac and to make sure I do it at home. I suggest that all first time moms get to watch a c/s and then see how they feel about all of those "un" necessary interventions.

March 30th, 2010, 08:40 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I haven't. I think it would be a really cool experience. But I agree with some PP, that if it was a hospital birth where interventions were getting used I might have a hard time with it. If it was my sister then I would be there anyway though, to support her as long as she wanted me there.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
March 30th, 2010, 09:45 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of my highschool friends births I attended. Only one with an epi and she has permanent damage from it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search