Pads for postpartum?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 12:02 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So this came up in my DDC... what kind of pads people use for the postpartum bleeding. I am not too concerned with this normally as this is my third pregnancy and child. BUT since we are planning a home birth this time and most of the bleeding occurs the first few hours/days after birth I am starting to wonder if I should do or buy anything different. My first two kids were at the hospital where they have me mesh undies, huge pads and then I had those puppy piddle pads under my bum while in bed. But if I am going to be in my own bed I don't want to mess it up!! Some women were talking depends... normally I would think that's over kill but maybe it's not for the first few days?

What have you ladies done??

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
April 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I am going to get pads to put under me in bed along with heavy duty overnight period pads.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

April 1st, 2010, 01:12 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am using the always infinities they suck up so much and get it off of you with out leaking. If you are concerned about the gauze panties you can get them from the same place as your birth kit comes from.

April 1st, 2010, 01:35 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just used heavy pads with a chux pad beneath me - had no problems at all.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

April 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not a regular poster - but may be planning a HB in the future -

after both deliveries I used the chuck pads right in my underwear! I folded them so they fit and put a pad on top of it, then pulled up my underwear. it worked great!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 1st, 2010, 04:46 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For the first 3-4 days after birth, I used pads that were wetted down and frozen on top of depends. Yep, I wore adult diapers. it held much better then underwear and caught any leaking I possibly had when trying to sleep. Then when i needed to change it, I could tear the sides and throw it away.
April 1st, 2010, 08:04 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I think I'm going to use Depends this time too. Even with the mesh undie/hospital pad combo I still had some leaking (thankfully that was while I was still at the hospital and not in my own bed). Once I was home I got by on the big overnight pads but they really weren't all that comfy IMO. I love the idea of a frozen pad inside a Depends!

April 2nd, 2010, 05:20 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tishauna, it helped sooo much! The thought of using my own underwear those first few days after birth, I personally cringe. I will be stocking up on pads and I only used one pack of depends.
April 2nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My birth kit came with mesh undies and the huge pads just like the hospital. I'm also going to keep some chux pads in my spot on the bed for a few days. I also bought some of those ice pack pads that they have at the hospital from the same place I got my birth kit from.
April 2nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
My birth kit came with mesh undies and the huge pads just like the hospital. I'm also going to keep some chux pads in my spot on the bed for a few days. I also bought some of those ice pack pads that they have at the hospital from the same place I got my birth kit from.
Ditto, my birth kit came with the same items.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
lilflower
I have chux pads for under me while sleeping and maxi overnight pads. I actually despise the thin ones because I ALWAYS leak when I wear them!!! lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search