Expecting mama's check in!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 09:13 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Any upcoming midwife appointments?

How is the planning for the home birth coming along?

Any preparations you still need to make?

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
April 5th, 2010, 10:21 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
How far along are you? 27 weeks

How are you feeling? mostly really good, but I have a touch of a cold today.

Any upcoming midwife appointments? this Friday, just a routine check

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? what planning? LOL! I guess it is about time to put together a list of supplies and start working things into our budget.

Any preparations you still need to make? I haven't done anything so far, but I always put it off to avoid getting too excited too early.

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see! I took one this morning, but I don't know where DH put the cord to plug the camera into the computer... I'll have to post it another time.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 5th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you? 25 weeks

How are you feeling? Feeling really good. I've started to notice that I am a little more tired at night now but that's pretty normal as I approach the third trimester.

Any upcoming midwife appointments? April 20th- just a routine appointment - then after that it's every two weeks!

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? Not much to plan - I need some newborn diapers - actually I might be able to use the prefolds we've been using to stuff Eleanor's diapers and just get her some more.

Any preparations you still need to make? The biggest task is to finish the remodeling in our bathroom. We had a leak back in September and we still need to decide on sinks and get the baseboard up and the walls painted. Other than that baby has everything s/he will need already
April 5th, 2010, 11:13 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
How far along are you? 18 weeks today! This pregnancy is going by so fast!

How are you feeling? Great! So much better than expected!

Any upcoming midwife appointments? April 22 @ 1:00 (I have them monthly)

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? Fine I guess...haven't really done much of anything yet, but I have a midwife, so that's a good start, right?

Any preparations you still need to make? Just purchase our birth kit, and stuff like that, but we still have time

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see! I still haven't taken one during this pregnancy, but I hardly even look pregnant yet!...I need to soon though.

April 5th, 2010, 11:49 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
How far along are you? 10 weeks!

How are you feeling?: Great!

Any upcoming midwife appointments?: None yet.

How is the planning for the home birth coming along?: I'm picking a midwife & I am in the process of breaking up with my current Midwife, as she does not do homebirths.

Any preparations you still need to make?: ALL OF THEM!

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see!: Not as of the last two weeks, I need to take one.

April 5th, 2010, 12:39 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you? 20 weeks and 1 day

How are you feeling? I'm feeling alright, slightly tired but I'm not sleeping well at night anymore.

Any upcoming midwife appointments? Tomorrow at 3:30 actually.

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? Its not haha. We're close to moving so I've been dealing with that. The last thing on my mind right now is planning for the birth. That'll come once we're in the house i will be giving birth in!

Any preparations you still need to make? All of them but I still have plenty of time. In 10 weeks I'll order my birth kit. I'm on the list to get a pool, I have a lot of stuff from my last birth still. Basically the sheets and stuff. So I still have preparation but Not really even though I haven't even thought about any planning. The most I've thought about honestly is where we will set up the birth tub.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
April 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Regular
How far along are you? 34 weeks

How are you feeling? I'm sore and tired and ready for this LO to make their apperance.

Any upcoming midwife appointments? This wednesday I have an appointment.

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? I am feeling a little unprepared. my midwifes keep telling me that when they do the home visit at 36 weeks they will give me a list of what I need. So I'm unsure as to what I need.

Any preparations you still need to make? ony to get the stuff for the birth.
April 5th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
How far along are you? 21+3

How are you feeling? Pretty good, little bit of nausea and back pain, and (TMI warning) OH so horny... LOL

Any upcoming midwife appointments? Next Tuesday to get the results of the u/s and begin planning PLUS we have our 3d u/s on Saturday to find out the gender!

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? It isn't LOL - we know where to buy the supplies and have a list of the recommended ones, but haven't really done anything yet. We're waiting until July when hubby gets an extra paycheck, and it will be after most complications would have presented themselves, to buy the supplies - although I am on the lookout for some 2nd hand sheets already

Any preparations you still need to make? See above LOL

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see! Nothing recent, but soon - I promise!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
April 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
How far along are you? 31 weeks, due date is 2 months from today.

How are you feeling? eh, pretty good overall... getting tired and sore. The past two nights I haven't slept well, but I was away, so maybe thats why.

Any upcoming midwife appointments? I go back on April 14.

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? pretty good, I guess. I decided on a birth tub and put my deposit in on that. I have my birth kit, just a few more things to buy. I still need to look over the supply list, but that doesn't need to be done quite yet.

Any preparations you still need to make? The nursery just got painted today, so I've got some cleaning to do in there and a few more things to purchase.

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see! I will have to take one!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you?
32 weeks is coming to an end. Holy cow, I can't believe it

How are you feeling? Very pregnant. Heartburn, tired, achey, and much to my husband's dismay very unsexy (it's hard to get in the mood with so much pressure on my bladder, kwim? This kid is burrowing her head into my bladder or something)

Any upcoming midwife appointments? Next thursday, the 15th, but I'm thinking of calling her tomorrow because I want to know the results of my bloodwork and I've been having contractions. I tried drinking tons more water, but I'm still having them. Some of them are just uncomfy but some are actually painful and making me worried that Evie is trying to make an early arrival

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? I'm sure that I'm completely unprepared, but I feel strangely calm about it, like there is no hurry. I'm surprised on one hand, I'd expect myself to be going nuts trying to get everything prepared (I was one of those women who, with DS, I had my hospital bag packed by week 28)

Any preparations you still need to make? How about everything LOL We have nothing for the actual birth. The diapers are still in storage, buried under stuff and I want to get some newborn size covers (I had wished I had two or three more with Jonah) We need a new cradle matress because my dog found it while it was waiting to be put in the back room and thought he needed to mark it (GROSS!) but we can't just go to the store and buy one because my dad made the cradle, so it isn't a standard size or anything- one of us has to actually make the mattress and the covers for it!

But as I said above, I am strangely not concerned. I have this weird "it will work out" attitude, which is a weird feeling for me- I've never been that way!

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see!
This was at 28 weeks, I believe. It is the most recent one I have. Once again, I can't believe it. I have one for every two weeks with DS's pregnancy, but it's too late now! I don't like this one because I think my legs are gross, but my mom insisted that I have a swimsuit picture since we were vacationing in Florida

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by Effervescence; April 5th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
April 6th, 2010, 02:33 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
How far along are you? ((11 weeks 4 days))

How are you feeling? ((tired and nauseous off and on))

Any upcoming midwife appointments? ((next is April 29))

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? ((fine since I know what we need and want i want to have for after- birth, going to order supplies from the states, i'm excited about it! lol))

Any preparations you still need to make? ((tons!! need to find out the gender in 4 weeks, go shopping to buy him/her clothes, blankets, a bassinet, swing, bouncer, etc and all the birth supplies needed))

April 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How far along are you? 33 weeks today!

How are you feeling? I'm feeling really good actually. I have a ton of hip/pubic bone pain, but it's managable as long as I don't over do it.

Any upcoming midwife appointments? I have one tomorrow at 3pm!

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? What planning? I'm not too sure what all I am having to do. I know I have to order the birth kit... but other than that I just feel like I need to deep clean my house and keep up with the laundry so its not all over the floor while I'm in labor!

Any preparations you still need to make? Just daily maintenance stuff. I suppose. We don't have a nursery set up as our extra bedroom is DH's office. I was hoping he would clean it out to bare minimum stuff so we could still put clothes and supplies in there while the baby sleeps in our room. But as the time approaches I don't think that is going to happen so I guess I need to get a changing table or some sort of shelving unit to keep supplies in our room.

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see! This one is from two weeks ago. I have only been taking them once a month.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
April 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Okay, here's my belly pic, 27 weeks:

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 7th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer - You look great! Long time no see!

How far along are you? Just over 7 weeks

How are you feeling? I have good moments and bad moments. I am dealing with a SCH right now, so I bleed off and on which is nerve wreaking.

Any upcoming midwife appointments? Not until 10 + weeks. I will have a follow up ultrasound next week to see what this stupid blood clot is doing.

How is the planning for the home birth coming along? Still plenty of time.

Any preparations you still need to make? I'm not anywhere near this point yet!

If you have a recent belly pic, lets see! None, sorry!

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...#ixzz0kP9Ew4ZV (Expecting mama's check in!)

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2