Any Chicagoland homebirth-ers?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 11:24 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Is that even a correct term "homebirth-ers"? LOL

So I'm in Chicago, & I'm trying to find a good place to go. I've called A Woman's Place - I've even heard good things about them from people who have never used them or lived in Chicago, so I'm hoping my first attempt will be the right one.

Also, I found the price from exactly 1 year ago, 3900$ total, 3100$ if paid by 28 weeks. They said its a global fee - so is it the same cost across the U/S?

& what about U/S'? Do they require you to get one, I noticed they said it does NOT include U/S's or lab work.

Thanks!

April 5th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm not in the area, but I do hope that your search goes well and you find a great fit. Keep us posted as you continue your search!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 5th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also not from Chicago, although I wish I was! I love love love Chicago! DH grew up there, and I've always dreamed of moving there. But, for several reasons, we got stuck in Ohio. It happens LOL We talk about moving to Naperville when the kids get older. It's hard for me to be far from my family so we're taking baby steps.. right now we live three hours from them, so I think if I can handle this then the next move could be to the chicago area, which is about six hours... or eight, depending on who's driving LOL

Anyway, I also wanted to let you know that my the contract I have with my midwife also says "Does not include lab fees or ultrasounds" and she does not require them, but she will write orders for them if we want. Most insurance covers that stuff as long as you have orders for it. The only problem I had with insurance was scheduling the u/s, but that wasn't even with the insurance, that was just the hospital being stupid and my insurance would only cover it if I went to the hospital to have it done. The insurance paid for it though; I just always call ahead to make sure whatever clinic I am going to for tests etc (I have to have my blood taken every two weeks) accepts my insurance

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hilary Keiser (as I sent you and HomeFirst dr group does them also. Plus where your already looking. to my knowledge those are the only ones. A woman's place had just lost 2 m/w when I was trying to join so they (or should I say She lol) couldn't take me and my weird schedule of traveling. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search