Where to get Birth Pool?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Nightkd's Avatar First Time Mama!!
I'm looking for a birth pool, La Bassine would be preferable....but I'm trying to find one for 'cheap' and don't seem to be having any luck...

I've checked out ebay and there really is nothing on there (I was looking on ebay.co.uk a while back and there were quite a few, now I'm in the US, there never seem to be any listed on .com!!) and craigslist....

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or does anyone have one for sale (I'll try posting in the wanted section, but haven't had any luck with finding anything else so far...)!?

x

April 7th, 2010, 11:24 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Have you looked around to see if there is a meetup.com group in your area? I see ladies in my local one selling tubs & other supplies a lot cheaper then retail! Typically you just need to buy a new liner & thats it!

April 7th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Also check with your midwife, she might know of a previous client who'd be willing to rent theirs out (and all you'd have to purchase is a new liner). Thats what I'm doing. Good luck!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 7th, 2010, 12:53 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I'm having the same issue. Renting the tub and all the equipment from a local doula group is looking like it would be more expensive than buying a kiddie pool or stock tank. At least I'd be able to reuse the last two.

April 7th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Nightkd's Avatar First Time Mama!!
Thanks guys! I'll have a look... I have spoken to my MW about where to find one and all she's said is that they see the kiddie pools used frequently and the aquadoula for rent ($200 for 4 weeks and I think I'd prefer an inflatable!)...Didn't think of asking if any previous clients might lend theirs - they have a Facebook group, so might be worth asking on there!!

x

April 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I just bought a brand new, in the box La Bassine from a mama on another message board! WOOOOOOOO!

I'm pretty happy about having this item off the list for sure!

Last edited by oriel13; September 3rd, 2010 at 07:49 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search