Baby's Pediatrician?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Have you selected one yet? Is he/she supportive of your choice to homebirth? Would you see a doctor that wasn't?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She'll be seeing Jonah's pediatrician. I wouldn't take her to anyone else. Her and the whole office is very supportive of our choice to homebirth, and they fully understand/support our choices with the rest of our children's care (they won't push the vaccines or vit. K shots etc) I love how respectful and open our pediatrician is! We're really spoiled with her, I don't know what we'll do if/when we move to a new area or if DH gets a new job with different insurance

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Violet will see Lily's pedi. I never mentioned the home birth to her, so no idea of her thoughts on it. But she's usually very on board with whatever I want.

April 8th, 2010, 06:39 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I take Brayden to a family practitioner (who I will also begin seeing after the birth). This baby will go to her as well. I never discussed homebirth with her, I was already pg when we made the switch, I just confirmed that she'd take us both on as new patients. But she's been fine with delaying vax and what not so I can't imagine she'd say anything to me about it. She's pretty neutral on things as long as she knows you've done your research. I hate to think about finding someone new when we move next year!

April 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
We don't see a pedi, we go to a family Dr....I never even thought to mention it! So I'm not sure what he'd say! I can't imagine him being against it though!

April 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both boys see family doctors, but they're two different ones. Bishop will go to the same FD as Dane since my oldests doctor isn't accepting any new patients. Dane's doctor was actually recommended to me by my midwife and she is fully aware of our home birth and plans.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
April 9th, 2010, 02:18 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't even going to mention it. Both of my other kids are already patients so I was just going to schedule my first appointment with him at a weel or two, whatever it is!

I'm not sure what his take on it would be! I don't think he would be against it really. He actually really encouraged us not to circ' our son after he was born. He was the one who really opened up my eyes to the fact there is a large group of people who don't do that as rountinely as they used to, including him! It used to be a procedure he did but he gave up doing it. He is such a go with the flow type guy, I really respect him!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
April 9th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have an established pediatrician for our other kids that this baby will also see. She has never said anything negative about home birth and joked that she loves home birth babies because she doesn't have to do the PKU test and make them cry - our midwife does that

April 9th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My older kids are still seeing their mainstream pedi, but the baby will be seeing the homeopathic pediatrician that the midwifes offer (to answer if she knows if Im having a homebirth, yes she does, and I do believe she will make a housecall at 3 days old....not positive..) If they dont have an age limit on the pediatrician that the baby is seeing, Ill be switching my older kiddo's over to her as well. I will be doing a delayed vax schedule, unless the baby's pediatrician has other suggestions
April 10th, 2010, 05:35 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We'll be using the same Pediatrician we already have for DS. I have no idea what his views on homebirthing are, and personally I don't really care, he doesn't even need to know we are planning a homebirth.
April 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't see a pediatrician, I have options for pediatric chiropractors for the baby, not sure which I will go with just yet, probably the one that is closer, for convenience sake.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

April 11th, 2010, 08:35 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We don't have a regular doctor for any of us. My midwife can do the necessary newborn and 6-week checks, and since we do not immunize I don't see any need to take the kids in when they are healthy. For anything I cannot handle on my own at home we see whoever is on rotation at the hospital clinic.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search