Meals after baby comes...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Do you make meals ahead of time to freeze for those days and weeks after the birth that you aren't up to cooking? Do you have friends that drop off meals? Tell us about your plans.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 9th, 2010, 02:11 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have NO plans! Haha! But DH is a pretty good cook so I guess I am relying on him to do some cooking when I don't want to. I'm sure my mom and his mom will make some meals in the first week or so as well!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
April 9th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't freeze anything. One of DH's sisters brought over a ton of food after Violet was born (she did the same thing after Lily's birth). DH is a great cook so I just make him cook if I'm too busy with the baby.

April 9th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My local Mom's group arranges for meals for at least the first week - it is WONDERFUL! I may make some things to freeze if I'm feeling up to it the last few weeks. DH is a great cook as well and will take some time off after baby is born so we should be all set.

April 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Hubby is the main cook, so well just have normal groceries in the house. Maybe well make a few dishes we can freeze, but most of it will be just normal every night dinners. My step mom for sure will make dinner for the first few nights, like shes done in the past I love her cooking

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
April 10th, 2010, 02:47 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I froze meals since we had no friends or family nearby. WHen we ran out of frozen meals DH got take out and then my mom came and she cooked for us.

April 10th, 2010, 07:04 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I think we just went with the flow. SO's mom was in town both times & cooked for us. So hopefully this time as well.

April 10th, 2010, 08:49 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I have always cooked double portions of our meals through the last few weeks of pregnancy to freeze for after the baby comes. Sometimes folks have brought us meals, but honestly- while I completely appreciate the gesture, I don't like other people's food very much. After giving birth I feel the need to really load up on "real" food and not processed stuff that most people use in their dinners. I know, I'm such a brat.

This time around I don't plan to freeze ahead. I have hubby and three or four kids that are handy enough in the kitchen to cook simple meals- the most I might have to do is give instructions from the couch.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I planned on it last time, I got maybe two frozen and that was it. After I had Dane it came down to just us going with the flow. My husband was home for that 1st week and he was so helpful he did a lot of cooking.

This time, I have no intentions to do it. My mom I know will help out and hopefully Jason will be able to take a week off again, it all depends if we can afford for him to lose that weeks worth of pay. I know he'll want too be home but I know he wants to work for his family. So dinners may be quick and simple right away but by the time Dane was 2 weeks old I was back to making full dinners. I am hoping to do the same this time.

My moby and mei tai got me through making dinners a lot then!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
April 10th, 2010, 05:33 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have some things frozen in the freezer already. I'll hopefully be stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies. My MIL will be cooking some things for us.
April 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Jonah, I cooked a TON of freezer meals. I just made extra of what we were having that night and froze the leftovers. This time I haven't started but I think that is mostly because of our living situation.

My local mom's group also plans meals for expecting families! I have cooked for several of the moms, so I'm sure the favor will be returned

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search