Okay, seriously. Who sped up time?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe how fast everything is going. It seems like I still have at least a couple of months before the baby arrives, but I don't really! Today was another midwife appointment. She kind of kicked me in the petootie about preparing for this! We begin our two week appointments, and she said the next one, my DH should be there so we can do a run-through of how to set up the tub, and what to do before she gets there. And then it hit me. This is kind of close, huh? She said that she is allowed to deliver babies outside of the hospital at 36 weeks, so it is a possibility that I have the baby in two weeks!!! She said it is unlikely, but we still need to be at least partially ready.

I got my list of supplies, and I'm finally getting it into my head that it's time to get the baby clothes and newborn sized diapers out to wash, we need to get the cradle mattress, and we need a carseat! I know the one I want, and I went to BRU to get it today, and the manager was so rude to me that I left without it. I'll probably order it online, and we do have a backup just in case we don't have it in time. I just ordered the papers to make the birth announcements, and now I'm hoping I'll have them finished (I make all my own cards. It's not really cheaper, but I think more personal and I really enjoy it)

So, whoever sped up time. Please slow it back down. I want to meet my daughter, but I want everything to be perfect when she arrives LOL

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm right there with you... just scheduled two more appointments for every 2 weeks, then its weekly home visits. eeeek! Totally not ready for the birth either... gotta get my kit and supplies together and get DH to figure out where and how the tub is getting set up.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
I'm right there with you... just scheduled two more appointments for every 2 weeks, then its weekly home visits. eeeek! Totally not ready for the birth either... gotta get my kit and supplies together and get DH to figure out where and how the tub is getting set up.

I'm really glad that our midwife will be going over how and where to set up the tub at our next appointment. DH *says* he knows what he is doing, but he can be clueless about things like that. I definitely think he needs a walkthrough. And he wouldn't do a practice run without her coming over to do it with us- he would either keep putting it off until it doesn't get time and then have to figure it out when I am in labor, or he would just say "what's the point, I'll figure it out" Men LOL

It's good to know I'm not the only one who is so close and isn't prepared!!!

Click the blinkies!

April 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe you both are so close already! Time definitely flies.

April 15th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I can't believe you both are so close already! Time definitely flies.
and I honestly can't believe that Lily is a big sister already! When I read that you were in labor, my first thought was "Oh no, she's too early!" and then I realized it wasn't early at all!!! Didn't we just have our August babies?

Click the blinkies!

April 16th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Time is sure flying for me this pregnancy... I feel like the weeks drag by, but the days fly by... does that make any sense?

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
Time is sure flying for me this pregnancy... I feel like the weeks drag by, but the days fly by... does that make any sense?
Yes! But it's kind of the opposite for me... or it changes! lol I was thinking that I'm only 34 weeks... I can't really say I'm 8 months until I'm 36 weeks. But my baby shower is two days before I'm officially 36 weeks and realized that's NEXT weekend! After that I start my weekly visits with my m/w and the countdown is on!

I think I might be ready after 37 weeks. I think I might be ready now if it wasn't for the whole "lung development" thing! haha jk... Neither of my kids came early so I don't think I really have a chance of it.... but it would be nice!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
April 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Oh I understand.. it changes for me as well. As a whole this last month seems to have dragged, but then I think I only have like 6 or 7 weeks left...

then again, Kate was born at 41 weeks, so I bet I have 2 months left.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search