Moms from Michigan

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
I know a lot of us are from Michigan. Is there a particular midwife you would or would not recommend and why?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
April 19th, 2010, 05:03 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have only had one midwife. She lives in the Traverse City area by me. My first birth was a hospital birth and he was born at U of M. I could go on about some OB's I wouldn't recommend haha.

I love my midwife though!

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
April 19th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not in Michigan, but my midwife is! We live right next to the Ohio/Michigan border. Some of the properties that we've looked at are in Mi (the taxes are better and they are just as close to DH's job)

Anyway, I'm kind of neutral about our midwife right now. She's very well loved in our area, but I don't really feel that "connection" with her that I hear others describe.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 20th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Effervescence - I'm wondering if you midwife is L. from Mother's Own? While she is not my midwife, she has helped me out a few times over the years. I trained as a doula with her YEARS ago.

I am just across the border in Ohio too. My midwives are in Ohio.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
April 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The MWs I went to were CNMs and in my opinion they are MEDwives... I didn't find this out until I was in labor... It was saddening because I thought they were for NCB...

Needless to say I learned my lesson... I found a CPM a county over from me and am going to check her out for a possible future homebirth
April 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulChaosMama View Post
Effervescence - I'm wondering if you midwife is L. from Mother's Own? While she is not my midwife, she has helped me out a few times over the years. I trained as a doula with her YEARS ago.

I am just across the border in Ohio too. My midwives are in Ohio.
Yep, that's her! We couldn't find any midwives in Ohio, and she came so highly recommended by all of our friends. There were two others in Michigan that I did a phone interview with, but I really liked the facility that Mother's Own had. At the time we were planning on having the birth at the center, and I really liked the feeling of community that is there.

Click the blinkies!

April 21st, 2010, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmmm, I wonder if maybe we have met one another at some point? I can refer you to some awesome homebirth midwives in Ohio - 3 of them in Toledo. Let me know if your interested. Linda is great though, I have known her for a very long time and she has helped me out with things that my lay midwives are not able to do, such as blood tests and ultrasound referrals when needed.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
April 21st, 2010, 06:19 PM
That is so strange, I wonder why we couldn't find anyone. Maybe because at the time we were looking for a freestanding birth center birth and not a home birth.

I'm not sure if we've met or not. We're still relatively new to the area, and I'm kind of shy so it takes me a while to get to know anyone or meet people. It's possible that we've been at the same events etc. though

Click the blinkies!

April 22nd, 2010, 01:39 AM
Adam&Kaydence'sMommy's Avatar formerly wiseg2
The one midwife or group of midwives I'm looking at is called home Birth Works located in Newago. Does anyone have any experience of know anything about this group. I'm also thinking about Full Circle Midwifery located in Hesperia. Right now I'm just looking for well woman care but when we decide to TTC #3 I'd like a hom birth with a midwife.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search