I wish people would stop saying...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish people would stop saying that I don't even look pregnant, or I look like I'm only three months etc. Because it makes me feel really bad. I feel like a whale. It's hard for me to put my shoes on, or get the groceries into the car, and not a single pair of pants I own feels comfortable (not even sweats) I feel HUGE. And my uterus is measuring right on. So when people tell me that I am SOOOOOOoooo tiny, I feel like I shouldn't have an excuse for feeling that way. I feel like I ought to be sleeping all night perfectly comfortably, and I ought to be able to control my "gases" a bit better and my feet shouldn't hurt. I don't even know what to say to people when they say that to me. And EVERYone says it to me.

Does anyone else carry their pregnancies small? I had the same thing with Jonah, so I'm assuming it's just how my body reshapes itself.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 22nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
lilflower
((hugs)) I got the SAME thing!

Here's a link to my belly pictures, it even includes a 4 day PP picture.
Maybe it will make you feel better? I felt like a HUGE HOUSE!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-4days-pp.html
April 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I tend to be small too....not so much the 4th time around lol, but especially with my first 2. I wasn't sure if I should be proud or insulted when people said I was "tiny"......are you calling me skinny or wondering if my baby is malnourished???

Just know that they say it because they really were cows when they were pregnant and you are going to look super fabulous when baby is born!

this is me at 33 weeks with #3, and I was ALOT bigger than I got with my first 2-

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

April 23rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
After I had my 5th baby, on two different occasions I had a lady from church tell me she didn't even know I was pregnant. Usually people who do not already know would never guess, even when full term. I guess I just look fat, LOL! And I always felt big, so it was really frustrating.

But for whatever reason, this time around, people started noticing and commenting on the pregnancy when I was only about 4 months along. And now I know that being told you are "huge" isn't any better than being told you are too little.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

April 23rd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I pretty much literally don't show, and I'm not *much* overweight. I haven't even been telling people I'm pregnant this time, because of the comments I got last time (most were things like "Is the baby okay?" and "Are they sure the baby is health/big enough" or whatever-- as if I would be out wandering around like everything is fine if there was something WRONG with the baby?!). Those who do know and know how I carried Rebecca are asking if this one is okay, and it's driving me insane, because OBVIOUSLY this is how I carry babies and they know it, and Rebecca was fine. Why would this one be any different? Even my inlaws are in on it this time. *sigh* I HAVE told our neighbours that we're expecting, since we're planning a homebirth, live on a dead end, and have a street that is only 15' wide and people like to park on the road... so people need to know to keep the road clear, lol. Our neighbours are a lot better about the comments than anyone else though, they just think it's amazing that normal sized babies come out of me when no one would ever know I was pregnant just to look, LOL.
April 23rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wonder if there are women out there who get told they are "perfect" at whatever size they are. It always seems like people say you are too big or too small but never just right
April 23rd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to tell other expecting mommies how beautiful their tummy is, no matter what their size, because it's true! And now I know how it feels to be told one way or the other.

Everyone's pictures look about the same as how I am now, so I feel better Usually my response is "yeah, I carried Jonah the same way" and then they want to know how big Jonah was- almost eight pounds! What really drove me nuts with Jonah was even the DOCTOR would tell me that I didn't look pregnant! I don't know where I keep my babies, but there has to be an extra storage compartment in there somewhere LOL

When someone says it and my mother in law is in ear shot, her response is "I know, doesn't it just make you sick. She's so fortunate." Fortunate my petootie! I still have stretch marks and not even a belly to show off for it LOL But you ladies make me feel better. It seems just as normal to carry "small" than it is for any other shaped belly!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 23rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Ditto to Alison! I have gotten both comments before and both are stupid, LOL. I always tell my pregnant friends that they look great, I figure thats the nicest thing you could say!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search