Packing for Jonah

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a chance that Jonah might have to go to a neighbor's house during the birth. I'd like to have an overnight bag packed for him, just in case. And also, if my inlaws are home and can take him upstairs then I want to make sure they have everything they need for him all in one place. I know it's probably obvious what to pack for him, but I just know I'm going to miss something.

diapers (haven't decided if I want to pack sposies or cloth yet)
Pajamas
Clothes
Food (containers of his favorite snacks and maybe one or two of those gerber meals, and a few of the Horizon milk boxes that don't need refridgeration)
Special Blankie
Extra Paci
Hank (his gorilla, to be packed right before he leaves)

Anything else I should pack? I don't want to overpack, but I want him to have everything he needs. Did anyone have an older sibling go to stay with someone during the birth? What worked for you? I'm not really stressing about this, I just know it is something I need to get done soon

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 22nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
that list looks good. I would say sposies if he might go to someone unfamiliar with cloth unless they make him uncomfortable.

ummm.....does he have a favorite book or movie? I know if I needed to send Claire somewhere, that might be somewhat unfamiliar, I would go get a Yo Gabba Gabba DVD to keep in the bag for in case she got upset. Nothing makes her happier lol.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

April 22nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I don't know... my kids have just stayed during my births... Favorite book/movie is a good idea

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

April 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh that's a great idea! I'm adding "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and a DVD of Classical Baby onto the list! Thanks

Kelli, I wish he could stay here for sure. But there's a chance that my in laws will be out of town, and our midwife requires that there is someone there for childcare. Our neighbor loves Jonah to death and said she'd be available on all the dates that we'd be here alone. But she's scared of my MIL's dog. I don't blame her, he can be kind of scary- he's gentle, but he's big and he barks a lot LOL

So if I go into labor while the inlaws are away, he has to go next door, and they have trips scheduled all around the due date so it's very possible

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 23rd, 2010, 11:49 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I think its a good idea to have that list ready and it sounds like a pretty good list!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
We have a scary dog too so I know how that goes. We staked her in the backyard during the birth so she didn't bug anyone!

Hopefully everything will work out though!!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search