Getting ready!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So we are down to 6 days before we are allowed to have a homebirth - so I'm going nuts getting everything in order! I have my pool - we are going to do a trial run tomorrow, I have most of my 'homebirth kit' list all in a box ready to go - doing pretty well!
I wanted to ask you ladies - how clean does my house need to be??? I'm not very - um - tidy . . . also - I want to put my bed on the floor for cosleeping reasons - but do you think I'll need it at normal height for labour?
Thanks

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
April 24th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Congrats on being so close. As for tidy-ness... I think it depends on your own comfort level. I'm pretty anal and messes bother me a lot, especially while I'm birthing... like I don't want to be focusing on the dishes in the sink in the middle of labor. But that is just me... other people don't care about those things. I think the main thing you'll midwives will need is a place to have their equipment and all your supplies in one place.

Good luck!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How exciting! I worried about the state of my house so much before I went into labor with my first home birth. When the time finally came I didn't care at all. My Mom was staying with us until the birth and I think she and DH did some light cleaning before the midwives arrived. They really only need a clear space right where you are birthing for their supplies and equipment. With my next birth I made sure my bedroom was spotless because that's where I labored/birthed and the rest of the house looks like it normally does with a bunch of small people living here

April 24th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Alison, I've seen your birth slide show, and your house looks immaculate! I am actually more nervous about how the house looks, now that we've hired a photographer!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 24th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hired a photographer you're brave!
Thanks ladies I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle - every time I get one thing done on my list I end up adding another to make it work! Sigh - oh well baby will be here soon and I won't care.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
April 24th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
Alison, I've seen your birth slide show, and your house looks immaculate! I am actually more nervous about how the house looks, now that we've hired a photographer!
That's because I think all of the pictures except for one or two were taken taken in the bedroom Early labor is a great time to clean - you have great motivation and adrenaline

April 25th, 2010, 11:29 AM
That is certainly my plan for early labor as well!! I feel like every room in my house is pretty much easily cleaned... except for my bedroom. Ugh. I have to get on top of that these coming weeks!

April 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How exciting, getting close! As for tidy-ness, I agree that it's what your comfort level is. I nested huge when I was 20 weeks and got everything clean and spotless. Then I was tired and exhausted the rest of my pregnancy so I didn't get everything as clean as I wanted to. I really wanted to finish my laundry room and get that organized, but that didn't happen until the day after my son was born when everyone helped.
April 25th, 2010, 01:34 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I am kind of worried about this as well. My plan is to make sure everything is picked up in general. Once I get to a certain point....I'm thinking 32-34 weeks, I am going to (possibly with help lol) do a good deep cleaning on my bedroom and both bathrooms. The living room/kitchen get cleaned up regularly enough, and I know DH will go into cleaning mode when I am in early labor and he knows people will be coming

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search