A Baby Story

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Is about a home birth right now... its only 10 minutes into it, and I'm wondering if it will be a successful home birth, or end up as a transfer as they normally do on TV.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 28th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Well I'm happy to report that baby was born at home! She had a water birth and it was the same tub that I'm using for my birth, so that was nice to see! hehe

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 28th, 2010, 11:37 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was happy to see a successful home water birth on tv! I hope this is a lead to more people wanting to film their home births at home

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
April 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I was very happy to see it go well too! i will admit to thinking the worst to begin with, that it would end up in a transfer and home births would be cast in an awful light... but all in all it was a great episode!

April 28th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw that one too - it was a great birth!

April 28th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was watching it too, and I was so happy that they didn't make it all scary. They really portrayed how calm everything was. I loved how the older girls were brought into the room, and the mom just grunted a little, and there was baby! I hate watching the episodes where the mom is having a natural birth and just screaming/yelling, and the narrator is all like "can she handle the pain?" then she ends up getting an epi and saying "Oh, now I can enjoy it" I think that's sad. I mean every birth is beautiful, but I think it's sad that the mom wasn't taught to succumb to her body and enjoy the process naturally, kwim? she needs drugs to "enjoy" the coming of her baby.

LOL That's my little rant. This was a good episode, and I was very happy to see it. It was encouraging to me!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 28th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm West Coast so my time is off from you guys, but I have A Baby Story on right now and it's a home birth. She just got in the tub and I'm hoping she succeeds with her birth. I'm pretty sure it's a different one then you all watched because she just has a little boy and Jess said that her girls were in the room.

April 28th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I'm West Coast so my time is off from you guys, but I have A Baby Story on right now and it's a home birth. She just got in the tub and I'm hoping she succeeds with her birth. I'm pretty sure it's a different one then you all watched because she just has a little boy and Jess said that her girls were in the room.
That is the one that I saw today She had a little boy already, lives on the beach, the m/w did end up breaking her water, but still it was a beautiful birth. I loved they showed her friend crying!

April 28th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep that's the one! I was worried in the beginning that she'd transfer since she was 1cm and seemed to be having trouble getting thru the contractions, but she ended up doing great!

April 29th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, I saw a different one then! That's kind of awesome. The one I saw, the woman was having her fourth child. The mom just said "she's crowning" and the older girls were brought in, then there was a baby!

It's good that there are a few examples out there that depict it positively

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 29th, 2010, 08:45 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Oh sometime I wish we had TV! I would have loved to have seen both of those! That's great that they are airing stuff like this!! They need more!

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; April 29th, 2010 at 09:23 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search