Birth Advice...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
For the actual birth... do you have any advice to get mamas? Like what foods and drinks to have on hand? What PP pads work best? Things like that, the little details that you probably don't think about in advance (at least my scattered brain doesn't!!).

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
power juices
pudding
jello
sandwiches
food for MW

I love the underwear pads they give in hospitals, I don't know where to buy them. Some women buy depends and use those. I don't like tucks pads, they burn IMO, but others swear by them.

Sitz baths are your best friend!

Meds for after birth pains. You can try after-ease as well.

Easy food to make, food already cooked and frozen ahead of time.

Towels and blankets, we went through a lot, not everyone does though. I just moved around a lot so our entire floor in the apartment was lined.

Some type of concoction for energy. There is an energy juice mixture recipe thing around here on JM somewhere (on this board/ncb board). You can also just google.

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

April 29th, 2010, 08:12 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yogurt
Peanut Butter sandwiches or P.B balls (I use peanut butter, honey, milk and raisins. Mix it up and then make them into balls and put them in the fridge)
Kashi protein and fiber bars
Apple juice

If there is a time that you don't think you can do it anymore, remember that you're almost done. Childbirth is painful (for most women), but it's only for a little while.

Don't be set in stone with your birth plans, things can happen and you can change your mind.

I too like the mesh undies and PP pads they give away in the hospitals. You can buy them online at different Midwifery supply stores. I bought mine at In His Hands, but you can also by them here Midwife Supplies, Midwifery Equipment, Fetoscopes, Dopplers, Birth Supplies, Home Birth Kits, Birth Pools, Herbs, and More!
April 30th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
I never got the mesh undies from my hospital birth...I'm always confused when people talk about them.

Um, I had tortillas and frozen oj concentrate with dd. With ds2 I can't remember. Labor was 4 days though, and I ate pretty regular up until a few hours before he was born.

I agree about it being almost over when you freak out. I don't scream or get mad at dh in labor, I cry and just lose it that way. When I get to that point, we know it's soon.

We used lots of towels too. I just like a small space to labor in, with dd I spent a little time in the bath/bathroom, and most of the time over some towels/garbage bags in the living room. With ds2 I spent most of it in the bathroom because I was leaking water and didn't want to make a mess. After he was born in the bathroom, dh helped me hobble to my towel/shower curtain pile in the dining room and I hung out there for a while.

Not sure exactly where I'm going to labor this time. Depends on the time of day. I might spend time in the bedroom if it's day time, that way I can escape the kids. If it's night time though, I'll labor in the living room mostly I'm sure. And maybe the kitchen some if I can stay quiet. We share the kitchen wall with the neighbors.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search