"Pain Management"

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do any of you have good websites, or even books, that you would recommend regarding natural pain management during labor. Do you have anything that you would suggest for partners, regarding their role in the pain management process? DH is kind of clueless LOL

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 10th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm...I haven't read up on much...my dh isn't the best at massage (shh) that would have been nice at points in labor...I was more of a hands off person in my last labor though....(I was at a birthing center)....I ended up secluding myself in the shower....HOT water on my back (she was posterior) and swaying through the contractions....I managed for quite a while in there....humming along with the beat of my swaying....and breathing lol...I'm sure it wasn't very pretty sounding on the other end but it helped in pain management and helped me "escape"....as soon as the midwife got there and filled the tub (or started to)....I hopped in the tub and 7 minutes after the midwife was there Olive was born! LOL...It was almost unassisted even though it was at the center! LOL...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 11th, 2010, 07:25 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't really read up on it much when pregnant. I knew the traditional things like massage, accupressure, water, movement, etc. I just kind of followed my body and found that standing helped with transition pain and so did sitting on the birth ball swaying from side to side.
May 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
My DH is pretty hands off during labor... he isn't one to massage or anything like that. He remains close by to me and will hold my hand if I want, and he says positive things... but really during the active parts of labor I need to do things myself. I use water as my main source of pain management though.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search