How about a check in?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Since I haven't really been on the past week.... for obvious reasons, LOL!

Why don't we do a check in.. whether its pregnancy, ttc, mommy related, whatever! Just let us know how you are doing!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 20th, 2010, 12:19 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again (I think I posted on the natural cb forum)!

I'm still here...although I don't get to post as often as I would like. Ben is almost 7 1/2 months now and is into everything. He started crawling at 6 months, pulled up 2 days later and is now an expert stair climber. He is super fast and a little too curious for his own good! We're still breastfeeding and only doing a little rice cereal, banana and avocado for now. We're dealing with some sleep issues right now and hoping it's just a phase. Ben's a little chunker too and long..already in 12-18 month clothes! I'm going to try and post more often as time allows
May 20th, 2010, 01:07 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Kyle and I had a long talk on the drive home from the zoo yesterday. We tried to do the night before but we both got upset. Its hard on him because not only will this be his first birth but I am throwing in wanting a home birth. He is pretty scared the whole aspect of birth in general. So we are working on helping him with that and has awhile until we try for another baby so I am hoping we can work through this. Other than that things are great. We are preparing to transfer to Ca and I cant wait!

May 20th, 2010, 01:28 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing alright, still don't know if this will be a home birth or not. It sucks not having answers. I probably won't know till Monday. Pregnancy is going fine, growing and becoming uncomfortable. Stressed out still but doing my best to not let it physically affect me because of the baby. The weather has been beautiful so we have been taking advantage of it. Going for walks every night as a family, playing outside, just enjoying the warm air and sunshine.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 20th, 2010, 03:51 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
nearing 27 weeks now and happy to report that as of yesterday, baby boy is head down! I know he may change positions several times still, but to know he isn't STUCK in the position he was in like Claire was is quite relieving! Other than my pelvic pain and heartburn I am feeling good. Seeing my chiro regularly and have a prenatal appt with my midwife on Wednesday. calling today to set up a consult with her back up OB so I will have met him just in case but feeling good about being at home! Going back and forth and toying with the idea of hiring a doula.... we'll see!

the boys will be out of school in less than 2 weeks, so the next couple of months should be interesting 3rd trimester with all 3 kiddos at home!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

May 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Oh Marisa, please keep us posted!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 20th, 2010, 05:38 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
Still here and still prego. I am wishing desperately to go in to labor soon. I only have one more week before I will have to have a hospital birth.
May 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerrae View Post
Still here and still prego. I am wishing desperately to go in to labor soon. I only have one more week before I will have to have a hospital birth.
I just want to say how I am praying for you to go in to labor soon!

I still have a few weeks until I am due but I know that I am already sick of being pregnant. Twinkle I thought for sure I would go before you! You beat me to it!

May 21st, 2010, 01:54 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I'm here!

18 weeks today! Can't believe I'm almost half way! Crazy! I'm doing good just a bit moody and extremely exhausted- I don't remember feeling like this last time until like 32 weeks or so. I'm excited though my fam is visiting in 3 days for a week, then Z and I are flying back to FL with them and visiting my friends/family for 2 weeks, then my BFFL is flying back with us and staying here in the UK with us for 2 weeks. I'm so excited to see everyone, get my food I've been craving, getting support/help with Z and getting a prenatal massage and mani/pedi! I need some pamper time!

May 21st, 2010, 06:58 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
17 weeks tomorrow. Still having a home birth. Just got a job to help pay off the home birth before the credit card gathers interest. Also some play money to get diapers & stuff.

Feeling great, just hungry ALWAYS!!

May 21st, 2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitabout View Post
I just want to say how I am praying for you to go in to labor soon!

I still have a few weeks until I am due but I know that I am already sick of being pregnant. Twinkle I thought for sure I would go before you! You beat me to it!
I totally thought you would have beat me too... honestly I was NOT prepared to have a 37 weeker. I've been sending DH out for things like nursing pads, diapers, etc. I was also not prepared for such a fast labor. I loved my labor, every moment of it, but really... it could have been a bit longer!

May 21st, 2010, 07:40 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
^^ what an odd thing to wish for... a longer labor, LOL!

I'm somewhere around 33 weeks and doing great. Next mw appt. is tomorrow. She's already bringing me a birth kit, it seems too early to start getting ready b/c that will just make me excited and give me that "any time now" feeling. Other than bringing our box of baby clothes to the house from the garage, I haven't done anything to get ready.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 21st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here and I think we're ready! The longer we wait for this little one, the more I keep adding stuff to our pile of birth supplies. I just bought *more* receiving blankets today. We will probably only use half of what we have, but I'd rather be prepared and not need it than need it and not have it. Also I think it helps me feel like I'm doing something helpful LOL

Hoping she comes this weekend so we have the house to ourselves. I can feel that the time is near- I definitely have different feelings and can tell my body is changing for the big day. I just hope the midwife is right about this being a fast labor- I don't know if I'll be able to handle another 34 hours like with Jonah.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 21st, 2010, 04:48 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here too! Tuesday is my due date! Just playing the waiting game now! My parents are flying in late tonight and I will see them tomorrow morning. I can't believe that it's time already. I remember trying to plan what to do with my mom a few months ago thinking we had all the time in the world! lol

DH is having some anxiety about the home birth. He is showing it via cleaning! I actually kind of like it, because he isn't stressing me out and our house looks fabulous! hehe I know he will still be a great labor coach and at the end of it, he will have loved the experience. Plus our midwives are great! They are all about NCB, but also have a good grip on reality and aren't anti-doctors... so I really trust them to make the right decision in case of emergency. But aren't Med-Wives either, if ya know what I mean. I think the perfect balance for DH and I.

So... I guess any time I can come post my birth story!! Eeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Other than that things are great. We are preparing to transfer to Ca and I cant wait!
Oh I am jealous you get to move to Cali! I live in Seattle now, but I grew up and up until just a few years ago lived in So Cal! Are you originally from there? Or just a new place to live?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
May 21st, 2010, 05:57 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bethany, my husband shows his labor/birth anxiety by cleaning too haha. I don't nest so he does it for me in a matter of an hour when I tell him it's labor

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
geeze, I wish my DH would clean!!! When I'm saying "this and this and this need done" he says "It's not that bad..." and watches me trek up and down the stairs with dirty dishes to the sink and loads of laundry etc. It would be nice to know that I'm going to labor in a clean house and not have to worry about wasting all of my own energy to get it that way!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 21st, 2010, 08:14 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am just about 32 weeks. At my last appointment my previously high fluid levels felt "perfect" according to my midwife so I am thrilled! I feel like this birth is so far away but then I think about the household things left to do - organize rooms, finish our bathroom, etc and realize it's not very far away at all. I am counting down the weeks to maternity leave and hoping baby doesn't come early so I have a chance to properly nest

May 21st, 2010, 09:31 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here. We're doing good. Liev is about 6 weeks now and 11 1/2 lbs. He loves to eat.
May 22nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
i'm here too! my baby girl is 8.5 months old already! :-( i'm jealous of all the upcoming home births too! i'm living vicariously through yall. :-D

Survivor Mom - My Blog

May 22nd, 2010, 06:31 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm sorta a non-member, but I'm here, 36+ weeks pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search