New member introduction-Jillyn

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Jillinebinny's Avatar Veteran
So because i want to be more present on this board i wanted to make an introduction.

My name is Jillyn, i'll be 23 next month, i'm married to Jay and we are curently expecting our 2nd child (i'm 26 weeks along). Our first, Grace, passed away shortly after she was born due to complications with her kidneys (she had cysts in both kidneys, we found out at 21 weeks, she was born at 32 on May 27th, 2009).

We had wanted a home birth with Grace, but with everything going on, felt compeled to be at the hospital "just in case" there was anything that could be done (and i was told i had to induce for kidney problems i was having). Well, i really wish we had been at home since we had a horrible experience and i feel like we were very much robbed...but we did what we had to do.

This pregnancy was not really planned...ok, it wasn't planned at all LOL. It was after i thought a bit and realized that my period was a week late that i tested lol. But even though it wasn't planned (we wanted to wait another 6 months), we are very excited and love this little one so much.

From the get go we knew we wanted a midwife and a home birth. I had been doing research beginning a year before i got pregnant with Grace and from doing that (and the help of my sister being all "crunchy") i knew i wanted to do things the "alternate" way lol. So i have a midwife and we are planning a homebirth the end of aug/beginning of sept. I am SO excited for it!! We are keeping the gender a surprise because we don't want any ultrasounds (we don't want to know this time if there is a problem with baby).

Um...that's all i can think of...i'm sure there is so much more to share, but i can't think of anything lol. If you have questions, i guess just ask away

The most important work we will ever do is within the walls of our own home ~Harold B. Lee

May 20th, 2010, 05:54 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congratulations!

May 20th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Hey Jillyn! I'm in your local AP parenting group Nice to see someone I know here! Don't think I've met you yet though. My name is Kelli

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 20th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Jillinebinny's Avatar Veteran
ok, so i find this a little too funny. Here we are on the huge world wide web and we're two people from the same community LOL. A little funny

And no, we have not met. I just joined that AP group.

The most important work we will ever do is within the walls of our own home ~Harold B. Lee

May 20th, 2010, 07:24 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congratulations. I'm having my 3rd baby and I'm also 26 weeks Due the 22nd of August. We're somewhat planning our 2nd home birth (long story hopefully Monday I'll have the final answer if we can move forth with it). Can't wait to get to know you more!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 20th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillinebinny View Post
ok, so i find this a little too funny. Here we are on the huge world wide web and we're two people from the same community LOL. A little funny

And no, we have not met. I just joined that AP group.
There's a few tri-citians on the boards. I think at least 5 that I can think of off-hand. It's kinda cool finding locals here. I seem to get to know people better online than in-person LOL

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 21st, 2010, 12:49 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Welcome and congrats!!!

May 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. I'm so happy to see you posting here and I can't wait to get to know you better.

My name is Christine, and I'm mama to 4. I have 3 little girls... my eldest was a pretty bad hospital experience.. my second was a natural waterbirth at a hospital based birthing center... my 3rd was a waterbirth at home, and my 4th, a son, was born last Saturday at home.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search