Feeling Different

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2010, 12:40 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought this baby wouldn't come until the first week of June, but now I'm wondering. Yesterday about 7:00 I just started to feel "different." I've been having BH contractions for the last couple of months, but now I'm having them every half hour and they just don't feel like the others- not painful, but more pressure and kind of more intense.

It might just be false hopes though. Ideally we would have her tomorrow or Sunday because the inlaws are out of town until Monday and our babysitters are available over the weekend (and the inlaws wouldn't have to cut their trip short to come home... They wouldn't have to anyway, but MIL would. She did when Jonah was born and they had gone out of town that weekend)

I just have a feeling that I might not make it to my midwife appointment on Tuesday. My due date is Thursday. It'll be interesting to see if these "intuition" feelings ring true, or if my first expectation of her coming a week or two late will be the truth!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 21st, 2010, 01:32 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
How exciting! I love the end time waiting and seeing if all the feelings are right!

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
May 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
oooh, I hope things start getting interesting for you later tonight!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

May 21st, 2010, 04:23 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My due date is Tuesday and also have a MW appt. When I started this pregnancy I was thinking I would make it at least within a couple days of my EDD. There was a slight chance she would come a couple days early, but otherwise a few days after.

Then last month I started thinking she could come a week or so early. Well obviously that went OUT the window! So I am back to my original thinking... she will be roughly on time!

I guess we are both pretty close, we can make it a race! lol

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
May 21st, 2010, 07:33 PM
I guess one good thing about having these contradictory intuitions is that either way, I'm right LOL. I really think it is more false hope than anything. The contractions haven't been as strong or regular as they were yesterday. Maybe I was just "squeezing her into position" as my midwife would say.

Oh it would be so nice to give birth while the in-laws are away! They are so nosey and intrusive LOL I want to have her here for a day or two before they bombard us. That's terrible isn't it?

I think I'm going to force DH into DTD tonight AND giving me a foot massage and maybe a late night snack of jalapenos. Although my aunt swears by going out to buy some sort of necessary baby item. Apparently she went into labor with her oldest while picking out a diaper pail, and then her second son she had just gotten home from buying bottles or something of that nature and her water broke

Just joshin, I know she'll come when she is ready

Bethany, I didn't realize how close we are in due dates! It will be interesting to see who's LO arrives first. Maybe they will be on the same day!

Click the blinkies!

May 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
the finishing up shopping did it for me with my first, about 45 minutes after we finished putting together the last of the nursery stuff and packing the diaper bag for the hospital, I started timing contractions.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com

May 21st, 2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effervescence View Post
Bethany, I didn't realize how close we are in due dates! It will be interesting to see who's LO arrives first. Maybe they will be on the same day!
The funny thing is I have the 25th from LMP, 26th on early u/s and the 27th from charting/ovulation. So technically we have the same dates!

I'm ready any time... I would like the next couple days to hang with my parents since they are coming to town tomorrow morning... but after that it could be baby time anytime as far as I'm concerned! =)

May 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Oh that'll be nice to have some time with your family. It's funny we're both hoping for the opposite

I'm paging the midwife now to see what she has to say. I woke up with PMS like cramps, but that isn't what woke me up- Jonah woke me (as usual) I think I would have slept through the cramps for another hour or so. That was 8:00, and they are a little more painful but no pattern for times or lengths or anything.

I felt like this after they put the cervadil in with Jonah, and it was two days before he was born, so I don't know if it means we're close or not. I figure I'd better call the midwife though just to let her know what I'm feeling, since it's the weekend and everything

Click the blinkies!

May 22nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
My parents and my IL's are totally TWO different stories!! LOL I wish my IL's were gonaa be out of town soon. No such luck though! My parents actually have a grip on reality and what it is to mind your own business... plus they are my parents so they don't bug me nearly as much.

I have been having some period-like cramping as well the last few days. I was convinced I was about to pop earlier this week, but it was swiftly followed with a whole lot of NOTHING! I keep thinking a REAL contraction is just around the corner, but again still nothing.

We'll see!!! KUP on your progress! =)

May 22nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Urgh. Well, it petered out. I took a nap, thinking for sure I'd be going into labor right around dinner time, and woke up to nothing. Still a few cramps here and there, but not like before. I am really tired though, and HUNGRY and THIRSTY. I think I got excited too fast. It just really felt like when they induced me and started to consider me to be in labor. But now it doesn't any more Maybe tomorrow

Click the blinkies!

May 22nd, 2010, 09:41 PM
you are so close! maybe tomorrow will be the day! are you walking, squatting, etc?

-Ginni-

www.lovingbeginning.com

May 23rd, 2010, 10:54 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you're having baby or in labor right now

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 23rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Nope, nothing Oh well, looks like the in-laws will be here . Hopefully they'll give us the private time we need.

I am still having contractions, but no pattern to them yet. Half hour, forty minutes, twenty minutes, hour... etc. I've resigned to the fact that she'll come when she comes I had a long early labor with Jonah too

Click the blinkies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search