Hi! New here and ?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm Tiffany. I just found out I was pregnant with baby #3, so I'm really early in my pregnancy. I am planning a home birth for the first time and I am supposed to meet with my midwife next Monday. My last birth was a waterbirth at a hospital with a wonderful midwife that I loved, but I just want to experience birth at home this time. Anyhow, my question, this morning I went to the bathroom (bm) and had spotting, bright red spotting What should I do? Wait it out and see what happens? Call my old midwife or my new one? I don't know what I should do. FWIW, right before the spotting Callum (my 1 1/2 year old) fell of the couch and hit his nose on the coffee table so I completely panicked. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it. Your advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

June 8th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I would call the midwife that you have the appt with next Monday... see what she suggests. I would probably want to have bloodwork done for a piece of mind.... or maybe even an u/s to see whats going on? ((HUGS)) I had spotting once around week 12 with my recent pregnancy and got soooo scared!!

Please update us when you can!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
June 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off welcome! I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I had spotting early on in this pregnancy, I was around 10 weeks I believe. I would call the midwife you will be seeing this pregnancy and explain the situation. You'll probably be given two choices, 1. to wait it out and see what happens or 2. go to the hospital and be checked out. I chose number 2 because i needed peace of mind to know if everything was okay and thankfully, it was.

I hope all is well, update us when you get a chance!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
June 8th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Well, I took 3 pregnancy tests and they were all negative. I put in a call to my old midwife since they have an ultrasound machine in the office and it would cost me less than going to the hospital. However, she still hasn't called me back so I might just call my new midwife. I just want to get checked out further I guess. I don't know, I've never had to go through this and I just don't know what to do.

See my growing belly!

June 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
((HUGS)) I will be praying for you, please keep us posted!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
June 9th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Thank you ladies for your support! I am bleeding really heavily today, big clots. I spoke to my old midwife and she explained the whole process to me, what to expect for the next 4-8 weeks or so and she said that I can come in anytime I want if I want an ultrasound to make sure all has passed or if I need someone to talk to. So, I'm sad, but also comforted by the info. The worst was yesterday! Today, I'm doing much better. Thanks again ladies. I hate that this was my intro! However, I will definitely be sticking around.

See my growing belly!

June 9th, 2010, 10:39 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I'm so sorry. I'm glad you were able to get some info from your old midwife, and yes stick around here as well if you feel up to it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search