We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hi, my name is Rachel. I have been married to my husband Lloyd for 7 yrs, we have a 17mo old son, Hudson and are expecting #2 mid Oct. (DD 10/13-10/15 depending on whoes date you go with).
I have not been on the HB board before, because it is just in the past week that we have started to consider HB an option with this pregnancy (I am on the NCB and Oct DDC boards).
With my son, since it was our first though we talked about HB we decided we would be more comfortable in a hospital (where we live you cannot have a MW delievery in a hospital, it must be OB). I had a difficult pregnancy (hyper emesis and low fluid) which made me happy I had my OB. I did have a NCB in the hospitale that went like a dream. I was only in active labor for about 2 hours. They ruptured my membranes at 3cm at 8:00pm and my son was born at 10:00pm. I did have some significant bleeding about and hour or two later they was resolved with pitocin.
We really liked our OB so when this pregnancy started I just started seeing her again. I did have hyperemesis again though that was resolved by 18 weeks. So far there have been no issues with my fluid. About 2 weeks ago I switched jobs. What I did not think about was it also caused my insurance to switch. While I can still use my OB, she only goes to 2 hospitals and the one I delievered in last time is not available. We went to look at the other one and just hated it. I could not imagine delivering there. So my husband and I started to talk about maybe switing OBs to get a more NCB friend hospital. Then yesterday we went to out NCB class. Usually it is taught by our doula, but she was at a birth so it was taught by a midwife in her group. We really liked her and about 1/2 way through the class I passed my husband a note asking if he was open to looking into a HB this time. Suprisingly he was all for it (I think mainly for practicle reasons like not have to worry about packing and were to leave the dogs, etc...). So we sent up a consultation for the MW for this Sat. So we have not decided but are exploring HB as an option.
**UPDATE** We, met with midwife today and it went really well, so both my husband and I are on board with the homebirth
Last edited by Vandertramp; August 1st, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
First off congratulations on your pregnancy and second, welcome! It's great that you're exploring your options and how you feel on everything Its also nice when a husband is willing to explore them as well and not fight you on it.
So feel free to jump on in, ask any questions you have and such. The ladies here are great. We're a little slow right now but I think thats because a bunch of us are getting ready to have babies and just had babies.
I'm Marisa. I am pregnant with my 3rd baby, my husband and I had a hospital birth with our first. That caused great trauma to me, which lead me to finding other options. My second birth was a VBAC at home and with this baby we went right to what we were comfortable with even though we had a hard time getting it. But its a done deal and we're just waiting for the little guy to arrive.
Welcome! I'm glad the interview went well, and congrats on your pregnancy!
I'm Heather. I have a 16month old little boy, and I'm due with a surprise sometime the end of Aug/beginning of Sep! My first was a NCB in a hospital using a midwife, so this will be our first HB, and I'm supper excited!