36wk Midwife appt (xposted)

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 05:52 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just got home from it basically.

My urine was good, I weighed myself, staying the same. So yay! My BP was 120/78, normal for me this time around. Bishops still in the right position, which explains why my right side is the side that gets the most pain from movement. He's still got a little head room so not fully engaged. I'm measuring 37 weeks and his heartbeat was 142 bpm

I brought up my BH contractions. I told her they've been timeable between 9-11 minutes apart sitting at around 30sec to 1min long. Nothing of to big concern anymore but they're happening pretty much everyday. I told her how I was feeling today. I could barely walk, my left leg keeps buckling under me and I have charlie horses in the middle of the night. So she put me on Liquid Calcium Magnesium liquid supplement. 1 tbsp before bed and 1 when I wake up.

She has a feeling I'll be earlier then usual for me, but not super early.

We talked about how I'm feeling otherwise. My anxieties. She said what I am feeling is completely normal. I've been very anxious about birth again because I know what to expect. She said that is very normal for a 2nd time (she considers this my 2nd time even though its my 3rd baby, because its my 2nd vaginal birth) mom to feel anxious about birth again. But she did say that most of her clients who have those feelings once they're in labor relax because they know the outcome and it isn't as anxious because well, you're going through it again. That definitely helped my feelings.

We also talked about how my anxieties are also around the no control of when he'll be here. How I have no say in that haha. Everything is looking good. My birth kit should be here on the 3rd of August.

My home visit is on the 5th of August, I'll get my pool then also. She joked I'm not allowed to go into labor before my home visit though haha. I don't plan on it but who knows!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
July 27th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you had a great appt! I soooo can't wait to start seeing my midwife, LOL!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

July 28th, 2010, 12:13 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
glad all is well!!! not much longer!!!

July 28th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment. I can't believe how close you are!!!! Didn't you just announce your pregnancy last week? LOL

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
July 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
exciting!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
August 2nd, 2010, 12:16 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I thought for sure I had already commented on this

Anyway, Sounds like everything is coming along! How are you feeling now? Any more BH? It wont be much longer and we'll both be holding our babies!

August 2nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still having BH but they've calmed down some. I'm doing okay, more so ready to be done wth my other 2 kids then the pregnancy. They're driving me nuts!

I'm so excited to have him here but my anxieties are still getting the best of me.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search