Hello

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2010, 02:34 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there! My name is Veann, wife to Matthew and Mommy to Lucius (2-13-09). I am pregnant with Baby Pickles now and my estimated due date is March 29, 2011. We are planning on having a homebirth with a midwife. We won't be having any ultrasounds unless absolutely necessary, so we won't know if Baby Pickles is a boy or a girl until birth.

Lucius was born drug and intervention-free in a freestanding birth center attended by midwives. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I look forward to doing it again. When we were planning our first natural birth, we considered homebirth; but with it being our first, we were too scared to have a homebirth and chose to use the birth center instead. Our home was forty minutes from either of the nearest hospitals and the birth center was ten at most. Since our first birth was so successful and wonderful, we said that next time around we'd have a homebirth.

This is good news that homebirth was our first choice. We've moved since then and there are no birth centers in Buffalo, so our only options here are home and hospital birth. We have not met with the midwife yet, but have an appointment to meet with her on August 23 and she comes highly recommended. She does have big shoes to fill, as I adore and miss my previous midwife (In fact, she's the only person and aspect I miss from New Hampshire.) and had wanted her to attend all of my children's births. I'm sure the new midwife will be just great and provided we like each other, we'll be working together for Baby Pickles and hopefully any future siblings' births.

I am very calm and not at all worried about pregnancy or birth this time around. I am a little worried about my abilities to care for two little ones at the same time, but know that I will learn how and adapt, just as I did and continue to do with Lucius. I know Lucius will be a fantastic big brother. I do not have any preference on what sex Baby Pickles is. I would LOVE for Lucius to get a brother this close in age to him so that they can play together and be friends; but I would also really love to have a little princess that I can do all the cute girly stuff with. If there are twins in there, I hope they are fraternal and one of each. We do have names picked out, but aren't sharing until after birth. With Lucius, I went to forty-two weeks and three days before he was born, so I am prepared to go long this time and fully expect that Baby Pickles will be born in early April sometime.

I love to read, use and talk about cloth diapers, surf internet forums, watch tv and movies, shop at garage sales and spend time doing things with my family. I am a stay-at-home-mommy. My favorite band is Megadeth and we listened to Megadeth while Lucius was being born. I am a Libertarian and an atheist. I am passionate about natural birth, genital integrity and personal responsibility.

Anyhow, I'll see you all here on this board more often. I spend quite a bit of time on JustMommies every day.

Last edited by cheezpoofs; August 1st, 2010 at 02:43 PM.
August 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Ahhh buffalo! I miss Buffalo!!! I grew up in Rochester and went to college in Buffalo. Welcome to the board and congrats on your pregnancy!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 1st, 2010, 05:30 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
Congrats and welcome!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

August 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Welcome to the board. I just had my third home birth last week. We are done having children and I am so glad that I had such beautiful birth experiences.

August 2nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy!
August 2nd, 2010, 07:52 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Hi Veann!!

August 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for the congrats and welcome, everyone!

Twinkle, where in New York are you living now? We love Buffalo and are so glad we moved here.

One awesome thing about homebirth that I hadn't thought about is that I won't have to ride in a car anywhere while in labor this time. Yay!

August 2nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I live about an hour north of NYC now.... this past weekend Chelsea Clinton got married one town away from me. LOL

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 2nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Welcome! I was going to suggest you come over here when I saw your post in the NCB board. Congrats again on baby pickles!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search