How to find a homebirth MW?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2010, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How do I go about finding a legit HB MW???

I am in Michigan....

I am not pregnant just want to get in touch with a MW to start trying to build a relationship with for future pregnancies... is this something I should even consider?
August 3rd, 2010, 09:12 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I had already built a repoire with my midwife before I got pregnant, I think it's not a bad idea, but it can make baby fever worse

you can look at ican-online.org to find one near you!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

August 4th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I did a simple google search of homebirth midwives in my area.

I think its great to try and set up a relationship with them ahead of time. My midwives also do well woman care, so I plan on seeing them for my follow ups and annual appointments.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 4th, 2010, 06:30 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where in MI are you? North, east, southeast, west, southwest or right in the middle?

I'm in Norther Lower MI but am from the Southeast Area - Ann Arbor. I found my midwife where i live now by doing a local search on google. I don't have many options up here as I would have where I am from.

I cant remember the websites name but it gives you a list of midwives in our state. If you google Michigan Homebirth Midwives it should come up. Then I would start doing research on that midwife and call to set up a consultation. You shouldn't have an issue even if you're not pregnant Good luck!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 4th, 2010, 07:12 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a directory for birth professionals, which include hospital and homebirth Midwives for my state. I went through the whole list and then interviewed my Midwife a few months before I was pregnant and decided to hire her.

Here are some places to look for a MW in Michigan.
Find a Midwife in Michigan | Directory of Michigan Midwives | Midwifery in Michigan List

Michigan Midwives Association

Full Circle Midwifery ~

Friends of Michigan Midwives | Supporting Midwifery and Birth Choices

Ann Arbor midwives at New Moon Midwifery for your homebirth, waterbirth and birth-related care

Michigan Midwife
August 4th, 2010, 07:27 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I was not able to find any through internet searches, so I went on MANA- Midwives Alliance of North America, and requested a list of home birth midwives in my area. I would definitely recommend it!

August 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I was coming to suggest mana too lol

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

August 5th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
[QUOTE=laisydaisymama;21080390]I had already built a repoire with my midwife before I got pregnant, I think it's not a bad idea, but it can make baby fever worse

you can look at ican-online.org to find one near you!

I have had baby fever since the moment my daughter was born... LOL... I am crazy buT I enjoyed labor so much I want to do it again

Thank You ladies so much... another question.. could I start picking up items for homebirth just to get on top of things or am I getting a bit ahead of myself.. LOL
August 5th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I don't think there is any harm with picking up a few things. I know for us, our supply list has a bunch of things that we already had around the house (or should have), things like Arnica, peroxide, Vaseline, paper towels, garbage bags etc. No harm in picking those things up now, you might need them anyways. For me, I'd wait on ordering the actual birth kit until later though.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search