My 37wk appt & home visit (xposted)

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2010, 12:45 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last night was my appointment. My midwife came out with her student Katie and the physicians assistant in training that I mentioned awhile ago. I think her names K/caitlin. I forget. It was my 2nd time meeting her. She's very quiet and sits back. Not sure if the whole process of home birth ways is what keeps her quiet or if its just her personality. She seems nice and got along great with the boys.

Anyways, they were a little late but not because they couldn't find the house. Good haha. I gave them the tour, my midwife was in love with the fireplace and the kitchen counters. Showed them Bishops future room, our room and everything. Then we went into the basement to show them where I plan on setting everything up.

I figure the playroom would be the easiest place to have it all set up because 1. its a giant open room. 2. its partially underground so its cooler 3. we have a couch and 4. there is a bathroom down there. That will make everything easier so I don't have to go up any set of stairs to use the bathroom. I can lay down on the couch if I need to, sit and such. It'll be more ideal down there in my mind then if we set up in the living room. If we set up in the living room I'd have to go up or down stairs to use the bathroom. Not ideal for me while in labor.

Did my usual peeing, both came back normal and negative (glucose and protein) so, YAY! Ever since the scare I have been very paranoid about my sugars and they would read. Thankfully it was just that one time.

My bp was the best its ever been this pregnancy. 108/70. I have been sitting in the 120's. Gage was very concerned that they were going to give me a shot and that the BP cuff was going to hurt me haha. It was very cute with his concern. Which really solidified for me that i don't think he can be around for the birth. If he's that concerned over the cuff, i can't imagine how upset he would be seeing me in labor. So I feel much more comfortable going to my moms.

They asked me how I've been feeling, if I've had any swelling. I told them how yesterday had gone for me. A wee bit tmi.. I had 4 loose stools yesterday. Which is very rare for me. I hadn't eaten anything that would cause that many in one day. I felt fine, not sick or anything. 4 in 1 day for me is completely out of the ordinary anyways. end the wee bit tmi I also explained to her about my contractions. How they're feeling. They hurt, but i know its not real labor contractions. They're strong enough to mess with ones mind though.

I'm measuring 37 weeks, bishop is still in good position. While Katie was feeling my uterus I was having a contraction. She waited, it sucked. I'm not happy being on my back and having a contraction haha. It took them awhile to be able to read his heartbeat. You could hear it but they couldn't get a good reading of it. Which kinda bothered me because he's been very quiet lately. He moves and stretches but not as much as before. His heartrate was 136. Its not much lower then normal, he's always been 140-142. But I guess it didn't sit well in my mind especially with his less movements.

I didn't get my tub. Which sucks. She is keeping one at her house just in case I go into labor. But the tub I want is currently in another clients possession. She is due the 14th and we dont' think i'll go before then. If i do she has a back up but is keeping it with her. Which I understand but this is the same thing that happened with Dane haha. I need to be due early next time!

So now we wait pretty much. My next appt is Wed at 11am. I may have to call and schedule it for later in the day. I'd have to take both boys with me and I just don't have it with me to do that honestly. I have a few more things to get and we'll be all set for the birth itself.

Thats about it, I can't think of anything else haha.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 6th, 2010, 04:29 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Sounds like everything went well! You are getting so close! They didn't by chance do a vag exam did they? Just the way you were talking about how strong your contractions are, and then the loose stools...sounds kinda suspicious! ...Have you ever gone early before?...ok, I'll stop over analyzing it all now...sorry! (Gosh, you'd think I had labor and birth on my mind or something!)

August 6th, 2010, 07:28 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha its okay! I can get the same way

Nope, no checks. I mean i'm sure i could myself if I could get up there haha!

Both of my boys were "late". My first arrived at 40w5d and my 2nd at 41w exactly.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 7th, 2010, 09:44 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Hmmm....it will be interesting to see what happens this time!

August 7th, 2010, 10:40 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Sounds like a good visit. Sounds like he may be coming soon, anxious to hear when he arrives. Hope he's not late like your other boys

August 7th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How exciting!!! Sounds like it all went really great! Hope you get the tub you want in time!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

August 8th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
mmm sounds like you'll have a baby soon heeheehee

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search