Special Memories?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
What are some of you favorite memories from the birth of your baby?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Holding her in the tub just adoring her and she adoring me...cord still intact...she wasn't crying cause she was getting everything she needed from the placenta still...so we just looked at each other and snuggled....that closely followed by delivering my own baby...the midwife was there but she basically was hands off and when Olive was born I am the one that caught her....

Ok...this is really making my ovaries twitch! LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first, just finally hearing him. Hearing his cry, knowing he was there. Then finally seeing him for the first time. I didn't get a good view in the OR because I didn't have my glasses on.

My 2nd, holding him right after birth. Seeing him, snuggling him.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was just referring to my last baby....I guess I should do each one also....

My first I think it was...hmmm...probably holding her for the first time...I remember pushing her out..seeing her whisked away....them bringing her to me already swaddled (I never got to touch her before that)....holding her for a few seconds before they took her to the nicu cause she wasn't crying enough. Getting to the NICU and thinking "is this really my baby"....it was all kind of surreal...

my second...he was laid on my tummy...cord clamped and cut...then taken to be cleaned....but I did get to hold him for a second....I named him after my gpa....so holding him and looking at him and then calling my gpa in AZ and saying that we had a boy and named him Elzie...that was wonderful...

my third was about the same...She had her cord cut before I touched her because it was SO short she couldn't reach my tummy with it intact....she was put on me to hold and snuggle for just a minute then whisked away again....

All of those were hossy births....and really I have a hard time recalling the special moments with them since it was so rushed and not intimate....OOH on my first I honest to goodness didnt know what she was going to be...so the "It's an EMMA" statement was so fun and exciting....I "didn't know" on my second (but knew due to sloppy ultra sound techs)...so the It's a boy announcement was more affirmation than it was surprise info....then we found out on my third....

Anyway...there are my hospital births! HUGE difference!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
DH & I both catching him and putting him on my chest/arms and holding him for the first time in the birthing pool and seeing who he looked like and just how perfect he was. and feeling so estactic and happy that he was finally here and I got my natural water home birth.

August 13th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My midwife saying "here's her - oh! *laugh* ok then" and handing her up to me - when I pusher the whole baby out in one push (not head then shoulders).

Holding her for the first time and looking into her little eyes!

Check to see what gender she was. twice b/c I was so surprised

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
August 14th, 2010, 06:53 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holding him while we wait for the placenta. Laying in my own bed nursing for the first time. Seeing how alert he was, unlike his older brother's birth.
August 14th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*sigh* The part that I treasure most about Rebecca's (hospital) birth-- the right after she was born part, where I just got to hold and love her, I didn't get really with Elias, and it makes me so sad. I feel like I was gypped in a way, but there was no way to change it. I liked how calm it was for his birth at home though.
August 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I have a lot from Kailey, not a whole lot from Nola, even though she was my homebirth. DH didn't tape/camera it like I thought he was. I'd have to say the funnest memories is watching that one vegas movie w/ ashton kutcher and cameron diaz and then watching Jeff Dunham

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

August 14th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
There is a picture on my wall of Israel a few hours after he was born. He was still in a towel, about 6" of his umbilical still on (we didn't tie it, we just cut it after it was done pulsing, and then trimmed it shorter in the morning) and his little belly...it just reminds how it felt when he came out...the feeling after his head was out and his body just slid out. Totally amazing. That's like, my favorite birth memory altogether.

With Ele, after she was born, dh woke up Trupie. About an hour later the placenta finally came out. Trupie heard me making noise and he came around the couch (I gave birth behind the couch) and saw the placent and gagged. Dh was SO proud, his little man.

With Trupie, I know it's weird, but my epidural didn't work completely on my right side, and not long before he was born (I had NO idea how dilated I was) my right hip felt like someone was slamming on it with a sledgehammer. Now I realize that was probably his head passing under my pubic bone, and it makes me feel close to him I guess, in a weird way.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search