Birth Plan

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So my husband and I had done a birth plan for the hospital birth we initially anticipated (we converted the one we used for our son). But, now we obviously want to do one for the Home Birth we now anticipate. The only thing is I have never seen one for a home birth. For those of you had done a birth plan for home, what type of thing did you include? Was there anything you did not include that you wish you had...any samples/suggestions would be appreciated.

August 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
we never had a birth plan for our home birth per-say....we just told our midwife what we wanted/didn't want....which were all what they hoped their clients to do anyways. not sure if this helps.

such as:

Wanted to be left alone as much as possible during labor
Wanted music/candles and photos
Few internal checks
Wanted birthing pool
Wanted to push when I wanted/felt like it not being told too
We wanted to catch the baby
We hold baby/skin to skin (didn't want him taken away from us)
No vax
No circumsize
No eye goo
No vitamin k - (if birth was traumatic or baby born bruised would have given oral vitamin k)
Delayed cord cutting
Placenta encapsultation
No PKU testing
Breastfeed ASAP

August 13th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a birthing center birth...they went over what we wanted but wanted a plan on file....in case of a couple things...A: my midwife was out of town or my doctor was so the fill in would know our wishes...and B: if we had a hospital transfer we'd have one....In the birth plan we were to write up three scenarios....A: Best case B: transfer and C: worst case scenario. I didn't write up C (on the thing it said that while we dont like to visit the idea of infant death, it does need to be talked about so that if something happens we aren't left to decide things right then and there)...I didn't do this...my pregnant mind wouldn't go there...shoot right NOW my non pregnant mind can't go there.....So I did a best and worst (live birth) scenarios on my birth plan....

I still have it on file...I'll read over it and revise anything for next babies if needed....

BUT...that was for a center not a home birth....

I think it'd be wise to have one just printed off and in your purse in case you need it....but not necessarily something that needs pulled out if you are having a wonderful homebirth with no transfer necessary...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 13th, 2010, 11:47 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a birth plan for my first, a hospital birth. They completely disregarded a lot of what I did and did not want.

I didn't have one for my 2nd like Lindsey per se. It was more so a verbal understanding with my midwife and if there was an event of transfer my husband would be the one to speak up for me and step in where something would be done that we didn't want done.

If you feel you want one on file which honestly, cannot hurt, I say go for it. I'd just sit down like you did with the others and think of what you would and wouldn't want done and such. Just picture yourself in your home setting. Like Lindsey listed, no touching or being left alone, I'd put that on there and also have a verbal discussion with your midwife about what you want and don't want. Most midwives are very supportive and understanding to birthing at home to how the mom wants things and doesn't.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search