40 week midwife appt (xposted)

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2010, 07:15 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still pregnant, yup. We got there a little late but it didn't matter, she was having an appointment with a first time couple. So we knew we'd be waiting a few after we realized it was their first appointment. We probably got in 20 minutes late. Which was okay, Jason and I nagged each other haha.

Got in, I gained 2lbs which isn't that bad but still makes me all Anyways, pee checked out fine. Went in, started talking about how I was feeling. I feel fine, done but fine. Told her about my contractions well my BH contractions that were pretty strong and time-able but always went away when I went to bed. She wanted to see if I was okay with her checking me, see how far dilated I was.

They checked on Bishop first. He's head down his back is to my right side, feet on my left. His heartbeat was 136bpm I'm measuring 40 weeks. So yay!

I told her I was okay because I wanted to know. So her student checked me first but had a hard time getting to my cervix. So my midwife took over and got it. I'm 1cm and about 50% effaced. Some of my plug came out when she checked me and earlier this evening after dinner more was coming out.

So basically it could be tonight, tomorrow or next week, hell technically even next month haha. Jason is saying Sept 1st. I think the 31st. Tomorrow would be nice because its my Grandma's 80th birthday. It would be neat for her.

But that's pretty much it. It's definitely the waiting game. She said she hopes I'm next since I'm the one overdue haha. I've got everything together and ready. The pool is in the garage. I need Jason to find my birth ball tomorrow so I can start sitting on that.

Lets hope he gets out soon! Oh and my mom made thanksgiving dinner tonight which was super yummy but we'll see if it actually does anything haha. Fingers crossed but not much hope is there

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 28th, 2010, 05:20 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Glad everything looked good! I hope he decides to come soon! You're getting SO close!! Thinking of you tons lately! Sending ELV your way!

Come out and meet us Bishop!!!

Oh, and I'm trying really hard not to go into labor before you!

August 28th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm so glad the appt went well. I would have been curious and wanted to get checked too, even though it doesn't really mean much. With Paul's labor, I was 1cm dilated at 9am and he was born at 6pm... LOL With Lily I was 4cm at 36 weeks and she was born after 40 weeks.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search