34w and MW appt

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2010, 02:19 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I'm 34 weeks today! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by! Knowing that he could make his grand appearance possibly between 3-8 weeks is insane but totally awesome! I can't wait to meet him!

Anyways...for my MW appt yesterday...all is fine, urine fine, no edema, good low BP....and baby is still breech, which I pretty much thought/knew as a head in your ribs/lungs is very uncomfortable I am sooo breathless all the time. But I'm honestly not worried about his position, i know he's in whatever position for a reason, but we are going to try the natural ways- chiropractor, acupuncture, moxibostion, homeopathics and some exercises to encourage him to flip head down, but if none of this works then we will accept the fact he wants/meant to be breech. A bit worried to try an ECV (read about it here and they give drugs and sometimes epidurals to calm you, which scares me a bit, mainly the epidural part, but my MW says the doc at my hopsital is nice and gentle, so may be trying it around 37w)

My MW here will support us in having a home breech birth. She will have a more experienced MW with breech birth come for support as well. So we will be trying/attempting a homebirth whether he's vertex or breech and praying for the best.

We will only be going to the hospital if he comes before 36 weeks or in case of an emergency transport which will most likely be for a c-section. My MW informed me about hospital vaginal breech births- even though they will "let" you have one if you deny the recommended c-section, they will make you lay on your back, legs in stirrups, with meds and forcep the baby out. And to me that doesn't seem safe or comfortable or something I'd want ot experience. Feel as that would be a very traumatic experience for me, much more than a section, that I'm scared of (never had anesthesia or surgery or stitches, hence what scares me about that, but I feel that a section would be much safer than a so called "natural birth" Not sure how a forced forcep birth with meds can be "natural" seems the opposite to me and highly traumatic) thoughts?

I will definitely be attempting to turn him and be trying for our homebirth either way, as I know I can do it whatever happens, just praying for safe and health and to be able to stay home for his birth

So that's my lil update!

September 10th, 2010, 08:14 AM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
Oops...Signed int the wrong account!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

Last edited by marmeeof5; September 10th, 2010 at 08:17 AM.
September 10th, 2010, 08:20 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
The above comment was me! I was signed into my moms account and didn't know it! Sorry! anyway...

Sounds like you are doing everything you need to be doing, and are at peace with whatever happens...That's a great place to be in! I definitely believe that if baby wont turn, it's probably for a reason, and they are better off left alone.

As to the "natural" birth vrs a section...That's a really hard one! On one hand, I am in complete agreement with you, and think it sounds very traumatic and even dangerous! I have to wonder if by making you lay flat on your back, and have all the meds, if they aren't setting you up for a c-section anyway! You know?
On the other hand- I always try to avoid a c-section at all cost, because I want to have more children, and I know how hard it can be to find Dr/MW that will deliver vaginally after a c-section. Sooo....I don't know what I would do

But non of this is going to be an issue! You are going to have a healthy, happy, safe home birth! We all know our bodies are perfectly capable to handle a breach birth! You can do it mama!

And who knows! He might decide to turn tomorrow! and non of this will even be of concern!

September 10th, 2010, 08:52 AM
No worries about signed into the wrong account Heather

Thanks! I've been wondering all day if he turned. I haven't felt his head in my ribs....but he pokes his head into my ribs most at night so we'll see. I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow~

(I know what you mean about the risks of a c-section and it does sound like their "natural breech hospital birth" is setting up for a section, but I think it's more of they really don't know what they are doing as most breech hospital births are c-sections and docs are fully experienced and think they have to get the baby out as fast as we can, even though with breech you really shouldn't be touching/grabbing/pulling baby out....what got me was the story of a death my MW told me that recently happened with the breech forcep birth in the hospital, which worries me a bit...but I know there are many VBAC docs/midwives around and we plan to hopefully wait 3-5 years for baby #3 so hopefully I wouldn't be at risk if a cestion was required for this birth)

September 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Lots of hugs to you!! I'm glad you have the support you need. I do hope your babe turns on his own!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks Christine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search