Lurkers, members, etc... check in!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a lurker...

I had my daughter at a hospital with the attempt of a ncb... I ended up with a augmentation that lead to me getting an epidural... I labored for the majority of my labor on maxed out pitocin without pain medications... my last two hours of my labor were with an epidural... after the way I was treated by my OB and MEDwife I vowed to have my next children at home or at least labor the majority at home since I am still trying to find a MW for homebirth...

I have such bad baby fever right now!!!
September 27th, 2010, 04:02 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I'm still here, more of a lurker though than I was while pg. I've been having a tough time accepting how my birth went with the transfer and everything but it's getting better with more time. I'm supposed to be getting the doula's notes from my birth (the doula who stayed with me after the transfer) and I hope that will help me even more to see things from another's perspective.

Otherwise we're all great. Caleb is 9 weeks old already and an absolute joy. He's such a happy, easy baby - and huge! 14 lb and still growing. His big brother is good too, he's adjusting very well. We're moving in February but I told Ginni yesterday that I'm already dying to be pregnant again. I think I'd have 5 or 6 babies if DH would let me.

September 27th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Martha...Hopeful homebirther.

I have four kiddos. The first three were in the hospital....First one was induced on her EDD because the doctor said he was fearful I MIGHT develop PreE. Also, he was on call ugh....Labor was 9.5 hours from start of pit and I was stuck in the bed on my back or sides and had no epi or anything...had episiotomy since being stuck on my back made it where baby's head wasn't coming out the angle it should have been so the doctor had to push her head back up so she'd tuck her chin down more and slide on out...
My second I was induced at 39 weeks technically...we had two EDD's one was the 8th one was the 20th...I was induced on the 14th...depends on which day you go by....for no reason other than to get the baby out (rolls eyes)....This labor was 4.5 hours and was the same amount of intensity as the first just crammed in 4.5 hours....I had a shot of nubain to help me regain control in between contrax...which didn't do what they said it'd do and instead I was just wanting to sleep....
My third birth was induced a couple days after her EDD for no other reason than to get her out. *ugh at myself* after pit was administered labor was 1.5 hours long. (again, same amount of intensity as the first and second labor just in a shorter time)....Though I didn't need anything with this labor pain wise....still...stuck in bed...etc....

The other half of my staying away from hospitals is the OTHER crap...the IV's....the BP checks...the temp checks...the blood checks...the "have you fed your baby" checks....the diaper checks...the friggin everything checks....it's totally obnoxious.

My fourth, I was determined to have an out of hospital experience. In the town we have babies in there was a freestanding birth center. We ended up having Olive there. Labor started ON IT'S OWN on the night before her EDD. I labored for a total of 18 hours. She was born in the water and 6 hours later we were in our OWN bed! *aaahhhhhhh* so nice!

I'm praying I can bring dh over to the homebirth side of things. So far no luck AND the birth center is no longer in operation. WAH. I dont want to go back to the hospital if at all possible. *pouts*

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 27th, 2010, 06:44 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there.

I'm Veann, Mommy to Lucius (February 13, 2009) and pregnant with Baby Pickles, who is due somewhere around March 29, 2011. We won't be finding out Baby Pickles' sex until birth because we are going without ultrasounds.

Lucius was born in a freestanding birth center, drug and intervention-free attended by midwives. I carried him for forty-two weeks and three days and labor lasted two days on prodromal and twenty-nine hours and forty-one minutes of hard labor. He was in the perfect position for birth though and came out perfect, healthy, very little cone-head and didn't even get jaundiced. He got perfect APGAR scores and was alert, a nursing champ from the start and just an all-around fantastic and healthy newborn. I really think my birthing experience with him was as close to perfect as one can get.

I moved far away from my midwife that I love, so now I must work with another. In the Buffalo area, we only have one option for a homebirth midwife. We want a homebirth and fear going unassisted, so we will very likely work with the one midwife. I'm sure I'll like her more once I've spent more time with her. We've only met up once so far and it wasn't even a real appointment.

I do not worry at all about going without ultrasounds and am fully prepared to go "post-dates" and let Baby Pickles come when ready. I am really hoping that my homebirth experience is fantastic and as close to perfect as my birth with Lucius was.

September 27th, 2010, 08:47 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Kaite and I just started lurking. I have Maddie who is 8 months old. I was born at home, along with 3 of my 4 siblings. My mom pushed for a homebirth with Maddie, but the 1 dr who would come to home births, passed away, and I didn't know what my options were. I said I wanted to try a hosp birth b/c I was sure things had changed since my mom had a horrible experience(dr cut my sis's head during the episiotomy, made my mom take a shower before she could hold her baby, etc).
Well...my hosp birth was horrible. I was in labor for 34 hours, 27 before I freaked out and got the epi. The nurse came in every hour trying to force pit on me, when my water had just broken. The nurse told me to stop pushing b/c she'd have to do paperwork if she delivered the baby before the dr came. My epi was horrible and I still suffer from pain from it. After Maddie was born, they said her temp was high, and I held her for a minute before they took her from me. Then I was told she was jaundice and had to be on the bilibed and couldn't hold her(no one told me there was a blanket option)...also after researching, her levels were not high at ALL! The first time I got up to use the bathroom I almost passed out and the nurse yelled at me b/c I said I was ready when clearly I wasn't. Those are just SOME of the things off the top of my head.

I was considering a birth in a birthing center but now I am leaning toward homebirth. DH is on board with it, I think he was scarred by my hosp birth and willing to try anything for a better experience. We won't be TTC till June or July of 2011, but I want to be prepared when it happens.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search