Lurkers, members, etc... check in!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Let's all check in with eachother! I know we have a lot of lurkers, members who are considering home birth, members who have had home births and those planning upcoming home births.

Why not all check in with eachother... share a bit about yourself and your family!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here! I had my 2nd home birth vbac 2 weeks ago today. I've been on this board for 2 1/2 almost 3 years

My husband and I have been married 5 years and we have 3 beautiful boys. They are 4.5, 1.5 and 2 weeks. My 2 youngest were my home births. I stay at home and my husband is currently in construction. Im pretty laid back, easy going but very shy. Im naking so its hard to type right now.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 15th, 2010, 11:47 AM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I'm a lurker! I had my homebirth last December, breech, but had a snapped cord and blood loss for baby that required a transfer and a 4 day NICU stay. Waiting on my ovaries to stop hibernating so we can TTC #3 and have another homebirth! I have an older DD who was born in a free-standing birth center. My homebirth baby is a very happy girl and very healthy. She's already climbing on stuff and she's only 9 mos old! I'm in trouble! Here is a current pic:

September 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I'm Lindsey married to Simon, expecting baby boy #2 in 5 weeks. DS is Zane he's almost 20 months old. (Today was our angel baby's EDD) We're from the states but are currently live in the UK and are anxious to have another home birth and meet this lil guy! My DH works in the film industry on the visual Fx and I'm a SAHM and working on my photography studio.

September 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
HI!!! Im Bre mom to Charlie (21 months) 8.5 weeks preggo. Attempting our first homebirth after an intervention riddled hospital birth! My first MW appt is next tuesday and im sooooo excited! I have MS bad, and pretty ready for the 1st tri to be over! Emotional feeling ok. Very emo. Had a couple heated discussions in my DDC last week...one about homebirth and kinda still upset about how i was picked on. Oh the drama of a bunch of hormonal ladies.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

September 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Hi, I lurk a lot. I am Rachel. DH and I are currently TTC our first little one. I have already found my midwife and we are trying to decide between home birth and birth center. I want home birth but DH wants the birth center. I guess only time will tell. We just bought a house so I would love to have my baby here.

I am prone to twins so if I have twins then it might throw a wrench into things. I haven't found a midwife to deliver twins at home...I will see how things go. I might just end up with a singleton and get my home birth!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm a lurker. My names Marika this is our first pregnancy. We really want an home birth but I haven't been able to find a midwife, we've been after them since I was newly pregnant and haven't been able to get one

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 15th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Jen7980's Avatar Veteran
Hi I'm a lurker. My name is Jen. I've already had three homebirths. I'm expecting this to be out fourth. I'm due in March. The midwife who attended my first three births... moved to Georgia. So we had to find one. We did, and she seems pretty perfect. She's even taken on clients from my former midwife. So that makes me feel a little safer. My first official appointment is tomorrow. I get to hear the heart beat!
September 16th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am Rachel, I have a 18mo old Hudson who was a hospital NCB and we are planning a homebirth with #2 due next month.

September 16th, 2010, 10:34 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~

I'm Heather, married to Bryce, mommy of two boys, BE (intervention free hospital birth), and Conlan (Born at home yesterday!!)

September 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here. Everyone is doing good. Hunter is 3 and doing homeschool and Liev our homebirth baby is 5 months old, 18 lbs and 26 inches.
September 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM
lulu2's Avatar Veteran
I'm Amanda and my SO and I have a three year old daughter who was born with a CNM in a hospital. We are due again next month and are planning on a home birth with a CPM.
September 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Im Lyndsey mommy to David and Katelynn. We are hoping that our 3rd baby can be born at home.

September 16th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I'm more of a lurker. My husband is a military contractor out to Iraq. (He's gone 8 months out of the year) We have 3 kids. 5.5, 4.5 and 1. Preg with #4. The 1st two were born in a hospital NCB with midwives. The 3rd we got a doctor who tried his hardest to intervene at every turn. It's only by my strong-will and well researched knowledge of doctors in the "baby business"- that I survived and was stand up for myself and deliver Naturally without him. He wasn't happy with me. But there was nothing wrong with me or the baby. She was born healthy at 9lbs 4oz. This guy is insane and should be stripped of his practice. He wanted to induce me at 39 wks because he was going on vacation. He wanted to give me pitocin when I was in full blown labor. (total labor time was 3.5 hrs.) He wanted to do internal monitoring for no reason. I refused all IVs. And after the Int Monitor thing I refused to be monitored. It was a nightmare until that man left the room.
So with number 4 we have a great midwife and are planning to do the wonderful homebirth I've always wanted.
September 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
I haven't been on much latly as life has been full of life I am now 24 Weeks pregnant with our second baby and we will be having our 2nd homebirth with the same midwife and a homebirth photographer. I was an RN and now I am a SAHM helping out my husband with his painting business. My daughter's name is Mariah and she is 17 months on the 20th. Here are some of my most recent pictures.

September 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Alison - Mom to a whole bunch of kiddos (names/ages in my signature). My first three were induced hospital births with epidurals and last three born at home. We are all done having babies now but I look forward to supporting other women in their home birth journeys. I work full time as a life insurance underwriter so I am very busy, but I love that I can work from home and DH works second shift so it works out well.

September 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, I'm Tiffany, I'm here off and on. Hopefully I'll be more regular once I go to my first midwife appt. (this Monday) and we get to hear the baby's heartbeat! I can't wait! Anyhow, I'm married to Ian and have 2 wonderful boys Kieron (4) and Callum (2) and we are 11 weeks pregnant. My first was a horrible hospital birth which involved an unnecessary induction, AROM, Pit, Epidural, Episiotomy, unnecessary vacuum extraction after just 3 pushes, blah, blah, blah. Second, great hospital water birth with a wonderful midwife. But, now it's time to do it right and have a home birth, I'm so excited!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

September 26th, 2010, 12:02 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I'm Denise married to Chris he's in the navy and were currently stationed in San Diego and love it here. My first 3 birth were at a hospital thankfully only 1 I was given pit the others were not anything like the normal intervention ridden hospital births I hear about. I'm pregnant with our 4th and were planning a home birth this time around since this will be our last. My first midwife appt is the 29th of October. Were kinda nervous because I have a history of m/c and the first trimester is hard for us. Just praying for the best, even though.baby was a.surprise hehe I want more than anything to have another lo

September 26th, 2010, 08:40 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I will introduce myself. I am Shanna. I have 2 munchkins, L (7) and J (2). Now that dh and I are NTNP, I figure I will be more active on this board. As we are hoping to have a home birth this time. I have had 2 hossy births, although after learning more each time, I got a little closer to my dream birth. Now that we are hoping for #3 and living in a state where it is legal, we are going to attempt a homebirth, since that is ultimately my dream.

September 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I'm a lurker on this board...
I'm Nicole mom to Kaydan who was a hospital birth. I did as much as I could at home, and went in when I thought I was close (was told by doula & training MW I was 7cm) Only to be there for more hours...pushing for 3.5 until a forcepts extraction & episiotomy...hoping for a nice, natural uncomplicated homebirth this time

oh and HE is a boy due in Jan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search