New her

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2010, 08:03 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Hi ladies, i lurk this board quite often hehe but since i didn't do homebirth with any of the 3 kiddos i never felt right about posting here. But anyway fast forward hehe I just found out that we are expecting #4 and we are planning a homebirth this time around. Im really excited about it, i've been in touch with a midwife here and she seems so nice, i actually get to meet her Thursday!! Im due May 26th, and just hoping that things go great, i have a history of losses. Oh i guess i should say my name too hehe. Im Denise im 25 DH is Chris whos 28. We have 3 beautiful children, Isis(5) Athena(4) and Thayden(9 1/2 months). DH is in the US Navy and were stationed in San Diego CA.

I look forward to meeting everyone

September 21st, 2010, 09:11 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Welcome!! Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to the home birth board. I'm Christine, mama to 4. My younger two were born at home. Nothing compares to it, and i hope you get to experience it as well.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and Congratulations! I'm Marisa and I have had 2 home births, my younger two. Any other babies will be home births as well. I have 3 boys. This board is full of a bunch of great women

There is another member here who's stationed in San Diego, she doesnt post a lot but hopefully she'll come out of the woodwork. AHEM LYNDSEY!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
LOL I actually know Lyndsey in real life we were stationed in WA at the same time, i was there for both her births and she will be here for me with this one

September 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yay! How exciting Tell her to post more over here she's the host of my Nov 08 PR, which is when I had my first home birth

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey...I think we are in teh same birth club?? (May)...anyway...welcome...I'm not a frequent poster but am a frequent lurker....now that I'm begging dh for a HB I'm sure I'll be on here more...and in hopes that he says yes...I KNOW I'll be on here more then LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 21st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome I think I know you from PAL? Anyway. welcome and congrats!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
September 21st, 2010, 08:49 PM
yeah i posted a lot on PAL and TTCAL...thanks for all the welcomes

September 21st, 2010, 09:04 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
AHEM Im here. lol.

September 22nd, 2010, 03:43 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Hi :Welcome: i think I remember you from the TTCAL board. That's awesome you are going for a homebirth this time I miss CA!!!

September 22nd, 2010, 04:48 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
Nice to meet you! My husband is Army and we just moved away from San Diego to NOrth Carolina...eww. I miss it a ton! There are so many great resources in SD! Have you been to baby frenzy? Its a wonderful natural parenting store at the Happy Hiney Cloth Diaper factory in El Cajon. Love it. There are also some awesome Babywearing meetings there! I have a couple friends who have birthed at Best Start and loved it!

Tricare Standard is covering 40% of my homebirth..how about you?

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

September 22nd, 2010, 06:48 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bre4thewin View Post
Nice to meet you! My husband is Army and we just moved away from San Diego to NOrth Carolina...eww. I miss it a ton! There are so many great resources in SD! Have you been to baby frenzy? Its a wonderful natural parenting store at the Happy Hiney Cloth Diaper factory in El Cajon. Love it. There are also some awesome Babywearing meetings there! I have a couple friends who have birthed at Best Start and loved it!

Tricare Standard is covering 40% of my homebirth..how about you?
Not to thread hijack here, but are you AD Army? If so, you might want to contact Tricare. Even on Standard, they are supposed to cover 100% of Prenatal, birth and PP care. This INCLUDES homebirth, hospital birth, or birthing center. You are supposed to pay the first 15/20% (depending on if you are using standard or extra) at the first appt, then everything is supposed to be covered at 100% as long as the midwife is board certified AND a CN-M. If your midwife meets these requirments your homebirth should be covered at 100%, and if not they should be covering all but 15/20% (again depending on if you are using extra or standard) and even then if you hit the $1000 during your pregnancy everything should be covered 100% after that point.

September 22nd, 2010, 07:30 AM
Yes they told me that it was covered 100%, were still in the first processes of seting things up finding the right midwife and stuff but when i called they said it was covered 100% because i was an AD spouse

September 23rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Welcome!

September 24th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybugnbugga View Post
Not to thread hijack here, but are you AD Army? If so, you might want to contact Tricare. Even on Standard, they are supposed to cover 100% of Prenatal, birth and PP care. This INCLUDES homebirth, hospital birth, or birthing center. You are supposed to pay the first 15/20% (depending on if you are using standard or extra) at the first appt, then everything is supposed to be covered at 100% as long as the midwife is board certified AND a CN-M. If your midwife meets these requirments your homebirth should be covered at 100%, and if not they should be covering all but 15/20% (again depending on if you are using extra or standard) and even then if you hit the $1000 during your pregnancy everything should be covered 100% after that point.
REally???? I will have to check and see. My midwife deals mostly with Army wifes so i figured she would know. What is AD Army? My midwife is a CNM.

September 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bre4thewin View Post
REally???? I will have to check and see. My midwife deals mostly with Army wifes so i figured she would know. What is AD Army? My midwife is a CNM.
AD is active duty. Call the tricare information line or go to your local tricare office. They are supposed to cover 100% of all maternity (minus the first 15% at your first visit) even on standard. I actually found out due to a co-worker of dh's wife was pg. and planning a HB and told us tricare was covering 100%. She had to do some poking to get the right way to file it. It all depends on how the CNM files it to determine how much is covered also Reserve/Guard tricare standard covers a different amount.

September 24th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Good to know. I emailed my CNM to ask her about it. Im not sure what NC laws are for midwifery so that might play a part in why she told me they only cover 40%?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search