crossing fingers

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just wrote a note to my midwife from my last pregnancy/birth...she was part of the birthing center in the town I delivered in...which is now closed....she did quit before it closed so she may not be interested....

Anyway the other midwives still practice midwifery but I didn't know any of them personally AND they charge the upper end of the "average" for homebirth midwives that I've seen....I'm having a hard time finding others in the area...so I went out on a limb and wrote my old midwife a note and asked if she was interested in being our midwife in the event dh said yes to a homebirth (my thinking is he might be more comfy knowing the mw already)....and then I said if she isn't interested I was pretty sure I had heard she was still serving as a doula for other couples...I asked how much she charged and asked IF I ended up at a hossy which one would she recommend for the most "natural" birth experience....

Crossing fingers I get a positive response. I really really really would love to have her again...I doubt I will I think she's moved on to another career (acting)....but just MAYBE she'd be interested....worst she can say is NO and then I'm in the same spot I'm in now!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 24th, 2010, 05:39 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
T&Ps!! hope you get great news from her and that convinces your DH

September 24th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks...still nothing back from her....but maybe she's thinking about it?

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 24th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
*sigh* well she isn't doing homebirths rightnow....she's not set up to do it yet. (YET...wah)...Anyway....she did say that she'd love to attend the birth as a doula and gave me her pricing on that. And gave a suggestion as to which doctor to use saying that they had a great working relationship...so I'll check him out if it comes to that....but currently I'm still working on dh and working on finding a midwife.

September 25th, 2010, 12:46 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Aww i'm sorry about her not doing births but yay for doula!

September 25th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
cool good luck!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
September 25th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Would she serve as a doula at a home birth? Maybe your DH would feel comfortable if she was in attendance, even as a doula.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 25th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OH I'm sure....

Here is the hold up I know for SURE right now. I've contacted our insurance and asked them if they would cover a midwife for prenatal and postpartum care (obviously I said NOTHING about a homebirth) to see if they would cover any of the 4000. I doubt they will I"ve heard nothing but bad about Aetna. But it's worth a try. If I can get them to cover some/most of it...then I would be closer to a homebirth. So that is my current position....at this point I'm saddened that it just is not possible....I get all panicky and anxious thinking of the hospital. So I'm not giving up on HB....but having to look outside the box to make it possible...

IF Insurance would cover most of it I might be able to convince dh of it AND pay for the doula...if not he's only willing to pay for the doula....

We'll see...keep crossing your fingers and saying prayers for me if you would!

September 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK!!! Well I got a response from the insurance company...and they DO cover midwifery care. YAY!!! I'm not sure how MUCH they'll cover (as in what they will want to negotiate to)....but as long as deductible is met, they'll cover 80-100% after that (it was hard to understand the mumbo jumbo)...and that is if we file THIS year on our current plan. Josh can change his plan at the beginning of the year to a plan that would provide better coverage if we wish....otherwise we'd have a new deductible after the first of the year. Which we would have regardless to where we birth. I'm not sure if insurance will accept a "future" bill though???Do you all know? Like if I had them file for it this year but it includes all prenatal and postpartum appointments?

I tried to find how much this part of the prenatal stuff woudl cost at an OB...like how much each appt and urine-analysis and all that jazz would cost....I'd like to see if they can get what they can fromt he insurance and then pay what is left.....

I dont even know if I will be ABLE to worry about it...but it is reassuring that they'll at least cover it...OH and there is one CNM on the team in the group that is near....and she is an approved provider thru my insurance so it's not even out of network! yeah!

September 27th, 2010, 08:14 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Martha! I came over to this board to start inquiring about home birth and I saw your post! I hope you can have one, that would be so exciting!

September 28th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kaite...Great to see you!!!!! Stick around these ladies are SO helpful!!!!

I gave Josh a deadline...I said "I'm 7 weeks....I'd like to have our mind made up by 10 weeks....so I want to watch the video and read the info with you SOON so that we have time to think and pray about it...."

He said "You know, I'm PROBABLY not going to change my mind but I'll watch and read what you want me to"...

PROBABLY means he's going to think about it...I just need that open crack in his mind to pour the info into....LOL....

Then I said "I appreciate you being willing to see my side...."

He then just said "well sure...I dont mind watching the stuff....just dont get your hopes up" LOL...

Anyway...it sounds better than when I first brought it up it was a firm NO ABSOLUTELY NOT....and now it's PROBABLY NOT lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search